Bluebeard Member
What guitars are magical? Velas!!!

tsvela1.jpg

tsvela2.jpg

tsvela3.jpg

tsvela4.jpg

tsvela5.jpg

tsvela6.jpg

So yeah, been messing around with amps and pedals and whatnot with my SE CE 24, with my strat before that, and kept thinking that I was just missing my favorite edge of breakup tone, nothing sounded quite right - it all sounded good, but it didn't sound like *me*. Then it hit me, I *need* a Vela! Found this one on GC, used, with horrible pictures as always - I wasn't even positive it was McCarty Tobacco Sunburst, could have been Scarlet Sunburst from what i could tell. It was also listed as a solidbody rather than the semi hollow that it obviously is. Last, it was listed in "good" condition. It arrived today and I gave it 2 hours to acclimate before I opened it. I have to say, best packing job I've ever gotten on a guitar I've ordered - it was packed to be bullet proof!

Opened it, was a wee bit disappointed to see a Road Runner hard case - I love the PRS gig bags! However, any disappointment washed away when I opened the case - this guitar is not in "good" condition, it's in EXCELLENT condition! A couple swirl marks on the pickguard is all that keeps it from being mint!

Ran unto my music room, plugged in, and there it was - the tone I've been craving!!

I'm off to play some more now - later!

atlast.gif

Nice! I have one of the PRS S2 bags, the one with PRSh signature embroidered on the outer pocket. PM me if you need it. I’ll let you have it for shipping and coffee money. Good coffee mind you, but coffee money.

Edit - I have a fondness for Velas because they taught my S2 Studio about pickups.

tsvela1.jpg

tsvela2.jpg

tsvela3.jpg

tsvela4.jpg

tsvela5.jpg

tsvela6.jpg

So yeah, been messing around with amps and pedals and whatnot with my SE CE 24, with my strat before that, and kept thinking that I was just missing my favorite edge of breakup tone, nothing sounded quite right - it all sounded good, but it didn't sound like *me*. Then it hit me, I *need* a Vela! Found this one on GC, used, with horrible pictures as always - I wasn't even positive it was McCarty Tobacco Sunburst, could have been Scarlet Sunburst from what i could tell. It was also listed as a solidbody rather than the semi hollow that it obviously is. Last, it was listed in "good" condition. It arrived today and I gave it 2 hours to acclimate before I opened it. I have to say, best packing job I've ever gotten on a guitar I've ordered - it was packed to be bullet proof!

Opened it, was a wee bit disappointed to see a Road Runner hard case - I love the PRS gig bags! However, any disappointment washed away when I opened the case - this guitar is not in "good" condition, it's in EXCELLENT condition! A couple swirl marks on the pickguard is all that keeps it from being mint!

Ran unto my music room, plugged in, and there it was - the tone I've been craving!!

atlast.gif
Sometimes there are certain kinds of guitars that are the only way to get a certain tone one wants and one is never able to get it from something else.
I find that to be true with the 513 heavy humbucker sound so I can fully imagine what you mean with the Vela which has a very specific sound

Congratulations! What a lovely instrument

tsvela1.jpg

tsvela2.jpg

tsvela3.jpg

tsvela4.jpg

tsvela5.jpg

tsvela6.jpg

atlast.gif
Nice

Thank goodness, I had been holding my breath and finally I can now breathe again! I was beginning to see the seams of the space time continuum deteriorate as you tried to move forward without a Vela!! All is right now in the Universe (well, at least this part is right)!!! Welcome back, great new addition and so glad GC got it wrong yet all was right ;~))

Congrats!!! I figured you wouldn’t be able to stay away from vela land for long ;)

When I was researching different models last year many of your threads and comments helped push me over the edge towards choosing the vela as my first PRS, and now I’m neck deep in a bunch of PRs lol

Back