NGD in cherry…

Not looking to buy a used guitar ...

Especially, one I could not hand inspect and trial before purchasing ...

The 13% adder ... just tends to shake off the KoolAid high ...

Maybe a "We just experienced a price elasticity of demand Crazy Good Sale" in the weeks to come ...:)

Well ... As a Big Time fan of the 594 Thinline .. . I'm not sure if its the "bargain" today, that it was when it was introduced 5 minutes ago ...

I do want a second one (gotta have a back pack up !) but I'm having a hard time with the additional $200 I will have to ante up ...

On a different forum... I point out how Fender is gouging for a Player Mustang 90 , with a 60% increase in like 2 years ..

PRS is looking for a 13% bump here ... But keep in mind that the 40 year record increase in inflation .. is 8% so ... just sayin' :confused:
I hear ya brother - inflation is kicking our asses, and no doubt there is probably some gouging going on (like with oil companies for sure). But, I don't know exactly what PRS has been faced with since Covid hit with all the associated supply chain issues, so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of doubt.

When & if you do buy another S2 new, of course you're going to feel the extra $ you'll spend. However (if this makes it slightly more palatable) the S2 Thinline is still a great deal relative to the rest of the Stevensville lineup, since all those guitars also increased in price - even more than $200.

For many, these are some crappy times to live through. But, when I'm downstairs in my music room strapped to my Cherry Bomb belting out the chords to rock songs I like, it helps salve the wounds from this 21st century life. I re-wrote the words to a verse from "Dead Flowers" a few years ago when a band I had played a benefit concert for a public radio station. "... in my basement room with a needle and a spoon" didn't seem appropriate for the audience at the time, so I changed it to "When you're sitting back in your big long Cadillac, making bets on the next election day, I'll be in my music room with my guitar and a tune, playing songs to chase my blues away."

Yeah, an extra $200 sucks when we used to pay less than $1,600 for that same guitar just last year, but think of all the enjoyment that guitar brings when you are creating the music you love. :)

l6IwaiR.jpg
0qzpYt6.jpg

It’s been quite a while. This guitar took a trip to who knows where. I sold it over a year ago. Lady Luck found me as I regretted it and happened to see it for sale again last week. How could I say no after I went thru the hassle of upgrading the electronics already and knew it played well. I added phase 3 locking tuners and some bare knuckles pickups. I’m loving this thing all over again.
I swear the thinline and vela are best things that the s2 line have ever created. I notice a large difference between the s2 and sE line in terms of wood quality, fretwork, and nut filing.

l6IwaiR.jpg
0qzpYt6.jpg

It’s been quite a while. This guitar took a trip to who knows where. I sold it over a year ago. Lady Luck found me as I regretted it and happened to see it for sale again last week. How could I say no after I went thru the hassle of upgrading the electronics already and knew it played well. I added phase 3 locking tuners and some bare knuckles pickups. I’m loving this thing all over again.
I swear the thinline and vela are best things that the s2 line have ever created. I notice a large difference between the s2 and sE line in terms of wood quality, fretwork, and nut filing.
Broseph, your TL was a real looker when you posted it's pics back in '21. Then, it got better in '22. Now, with the black pups with the exposed pole pieces and black surrounds, it looks even better. Glad you found each other again. What's the sound like today with the Bare Knuckles in there instead of the the 58/15s?

…smokeburst in an S2 594 thinline! I didn’t know this color line existed for thinlines. Then I saw one and knew I had to have it. A full 15 ounces lighter than my blue smoke burst S2 594 SC, which was already crazy light by single cut standards. Absolutely love it. She was born 3 weeks ago! Hard to photograph with the reflections. I left photos from the dealer on the bottom to capture the gorgeous mahogany top that I couldn’t.

The only thing I absolutely had to change was the orientation of the toggle switch. Bugged me out that it was still like a Gibson but not at the right location. A simple rotation of the switch and now it’s like a strat/tele direction wise and I much prefer it that way. I kept the toggle switch in the normal orientation on the SC.

Guess I’m a vintage guitar type of guy with these and silver sky as my fav kind of PRS.
WOjXFn3.jpg

IH6ljrS.jpg

QFndCXL.jpg
Nice

Broseph, your TL was a real looker when you posted it's pics back in '21. Then, it got better in '22. Now, with the black pups with the exposed pole pieces and black surrounds, it looks even better. Glad you found each other again. What's the sound like today with the Bare Knuckles in there instead of the the 58/15s?
Went for peacemakers by bare knuckles that i found for close to half the cost of new. They sound fatter, more rounded, and more bite. They growl and grunt a lot more than the 58/15s could, yet retain nice clarity. I think they split better as well since they have a higher output. I’m very pleased.

That is one of the nicest McCarty Thinlines I've seen here. Of course I have to say my Cherry Bomb is the other one! :)

Did you ever name yours?

You know - you really shouldn't ever sell it again. But ... if you ever do ... PM me!

That is one of the nicest McCarty Thinlines I've seen here. Of course I have to say my Cherry Bomb is the other one! :)

Did you ever name yours?

You know - you really shouldn't ever sell it again. But ... if you ever do ... PM me!
I don’t see the need to sell this guitar again. I’ve literally tried all the s2 versions and even cores. Played a lot of SEs. Something about the way this guitar felt and the way it pushed the midrange that I loved. With these pickups it gets a better growl and bark. I like that it’s different than your average PRS with the all hog. It’s full of surface swirls and small scrapes. And I couldn’t care less. It’s made to be played.

Back