NGD: Hollowbody happiness

Anachronism

Bassist with a guitar habit
I've come full circle in my PRS piezo-equipped journey, with a lovely 2016 HBII arriving yesterday. I'm still tweaking it a little, but I've got the action around where I like it and already made a couple cosmetic swaps. The 58/15 pickups sound magnificent and the piezo is outstanding with an even response.
My first PRS piezo guitar was 99 HBII, but I didn't love the archtop pickups and the older piezo system. Then I got a P22, which with the 53/10s was wonderful, but I stupidly sold it at a time I thought I wouldn't want a piezo anymore. More recently I got a P245, which is a really good guitar, but the shorter-scale and LP style body just never felt right for lots of chord strumming. And so I kept an eye out and pounced when I saw a deal, and now I'm back with another HBII.
It has the same electronics, minus the coil splitting (I might have to see if the PTC can add that) of the P245, but it is a very different instrument--who knew that scale, construction and wood matter in electric guitars? And while it's not quite perfect (a rosewood neck would do that) I think it's going to be a great wingman to my 513, and I think I'll be smart enough to hang on to it this time.
Anyway, on to the pictures!

full

full

full

full

Back