NGD: DGT (I FINALLY made it to the dance!)

Wow wow wow! That is incredibly gorgeous! The family connections make it even sweeter.

Now of course, you have the potential of the dreaded "this guitar is too nice to take_______" syndrome.

Enjoy!
Yes, that began almost immediately. While I wouldn't mind taking it to rehearsal, taking it to a gig may take some... time. OR maybe not... as I am finding the thing so easy to play (I'm sure alot of that is enthusiasm) I may not NOT be able to gig it. "They are meant to PLAY", right?

And the neck shape... wow. As I said, it's a tad bigger than I'm used to, however the rounder/softer shoulders REALLY feel good, and I am finding the guitar extremely easy to play, intuitive almost. It has me re-examing my stable of Modern C Fenders... already thinking about replacing my strat with a Silver Sky... except I really don't like 7.25" radius fingerboards...

Straplocks... all my guitars have Dunlop straplocks. So, if I'm going to gig it, I'll need some, I guess.... altho I was looking at video of Grissom at the Saxon, and he doesn't appear to use any. Heck, he's not even doing the "rubber washer" trick! It looks like he's just putting the strap on the PRS button, and that's it...

Last edited:
Easily the most beautiful Core DGT I've EVER seen!

It's fantastic.
Hey! Mr. DG30 haha! I've been looking at those... I think I've come to the conclusion that it's probably too loud to get the real goods at home volumes (without an attenuator), but I've read all your posts on the DG30. (and that's a subject for the amp forum...:) )

Sheesh, you went to the dance, filled in for the guitar player (that cut his hand trying to get someone out of a car trunk), stole everyone's girlfriend and won the Powerball all in the same night!

Mega congrats, that is as beautiful as they get! I've never played a DGT but if I had ever run across this one I would've been very tempted, very tempted indeed.

Hey! Mr. DG30 haha! I've been looking at those... I think I've come to the conclusion that it's probably too loud to get the real goods at home volumes (without an attenuator), but I've read all your posts on the DG30. (and that's a subject for the amp forum...:) )
Hard to say whether it's too loud or not. I've learned how to dial it in for great sound at moderate volume over the years; however, one person's 'too loud at home volumes' is another person's 'geez, you must play awfully quietly'.

It's a relative question.

Hard to say whether it's too loud or not. I've learned how to dial it in for great sound at moderate volume over the years; however, one person's 'too loud at home volumes' is another person's 'geez, you must play awfully quietly'.

Yeah, I know... maybe I'll message you

I think that is the best example of Yellow Tiger I have seen yet, to my eyes. It suits that tight flame so well! Congrats, and condolences, all at the same time.

I have a DG30. While is absolutely sings when dialed up, it does have a good "quieter" tone. I've used it for band practice, where other players are using just acoustic instruments, and it was "ok enough". (I will say the HXDA is a bit easier to dial in that "quiet tone", for some reason.)

I have a DG30. While is absolutely sings when dialed up, it does have a good "quieter" tone. I've used it for band practice, where other players are using just acoustic instruments, and it was "ok enough". (I will say the HXDA is a bit easier to dial in that "quiet tone", for some reason.)
The HXDA has a lot of compression, where the DG is a less compressed amp, at least the way I dial them in. That's my guess as to why.

“Tad fat neck?!” Man, that sounds like heaven.

Beautiful DGT!
Yeah, now I know... it's not a "tad fat", it's perfect! I've never been so comfortable with a new, unfamiliar (not 1990 Charvel shred or Fender Modern C) neck before.

I've never purchased a guitar that I had to do NOTHING to, out of the box. Well, I did loosen the truss rod a 1/4 turn, but that's it. She's everything I expected. Best coil splits I've heard (I have a tele and strat to compare). It cost a kidney, but I understand why these high-end PRSi bring the prices they do. Oh- and I like poly; to be honest, I like that's it's so durable, and I don't have to worry about "which polish is ok" to use on it or anything... but I have to say, this new PRS "nitro process" (you guys know the details better than me), feels amazing.

I actually used inheritance money I recently got (mom finally passed, dad passed 26 years ago), so I feel like my parents bought it for me- a bucket list item.

And I finally got to buy from Wildwood- Lord knows I've watched enough of their videos! LOL!

I got Yellow Tiger, only partially because I've always dug Grissom's. But I almost waited for a yellow one or blue one. But we also recently lost our pup, Stevie (Ray Vaughan), and he was a brindle greyhound. I think the yellow tiger is reminiscent of the brindle coloring. Debating whether or not to change the bar tip to cream.

Let's see if the embed code works...
67242237335-A8-AE206-F-015-D-404-C-8-C0-E-8-C2-EE5-DD795-D.jpg
Nice

Back