NGD DGT Antique White. Not sure if it is a Standard

Rampage

I stumbled across a really sweet deal on a used DGT finished in Antique White. I am really digging it so far. Does anyone know how to tell if it is an all mahogany standard or one with the maple top? It does not have the scraped binding, which leads me to believe it is one of the Standards.

I'll post a few pictures soon. Sounds killer through my Mark V and King Snake.

It'll be a Standard if it hasn't got the exposed maple 'binding'. They're very cool looking guitars. I'm very tempted by one myself.

Pop out one of the pickups and you'll see whether it has the maple cap or not.

Jim

I can't answer your question... this probably^^^

However, My first DGT is a standard in antique white...well, the pics speak for themselves...

gc%2520plat%252005.jpg

9030.jpg

prs%2520dgt%252001.png

"Lunetta" is one of the prettiest and classiest guitars I own, and plays / sounds even better than she looks (just watch some of the many youtubes of Greg Koch demoing these for Wildwood....amazing!!)

Enjoy and love your new guitar!!!! :top:

Almost definitely a standard, but there are a couple of ways to find out that don't require removing the pickups (not that that's a big deal). If the MODCAT sticker is on the case, that will tell you. Just go to this page and enter the code: http://www.toragraphics.com/modcat/

The other way is to send an email to [email protected] with the serial number and they should get back to you pretty quickly with all the specs. I did this when I was buying a used DGT and wasn't sure if it was maple or mahogany. I got a response very quickly.

Now where's those pics? :)

Great guitars!

As others have said you can tell in about .002 seconds if its a standard, by the lack of binding.

Enjoy!!! And still waiting on pics. :D

One strum will tell the story. If you heard an angel sing, it's the maple top. If you heard a choir of angels sing, it is a standard. :biggrin:

Mr. Clean has had nearly every pickup that PRS ever made in it and the old DGT pups sound the best to me.
mrclean.jpg

This thread makes me miss my DGT very badly...must..get...another...very.....soon....

Great guitars guys!!!

One strum will tell the story. If you heard an angel sing, it's the maple top. If you heard a choir of angels sing, it is a standard. :biggrin:

Mr. Clean has had nearly every pickup that PRS ever made in it and the old DGT pups sound the best to me.
mrclean.jpg

Outstanding....:beer:

Back