NGD -Custom Vela

Rhythmisking

20200527-110846-resized.jpg
Been watching this one for a while on Reverb; I'm sure some of y'all had seen it. It's a Vela that the previous owner (not sure if he's a member here..?) had customized by the PRS Tech Center. While I much prefer wood to paint, it was the mods he had done that really made the GAS level in my brain rise. It had been listed for over a year and he was asking a premium price for it. I was able to negotiate a bit, but not much.

But this mod; 3 D-type pups with a five way seemed like a REALLY smart setup. It just arrived yesterday. I was wondering how the D-type pups would relate to all the various Dynasonic variations out there. At this point I'd describe them as sort of in-between a decent Strat pup and a Dynasonic -a little clearer and more articulate and 'Strat-like' than the Dynas I'm familiar with, while still being in Dynasonic territory. Needless to say, the tones in positions 2 and 4 are just so cool; Stratty, yes, but unlike any of the Strats that I have. Anyone surprised that I'm really liking this guitar?
20200527-110846-resized.jpg

I remember seeing this one on reverb awhile back. It’s super cool. Enjoy and play the heck out of it!

That is boss!

And wood, shmood ... it not only looks great in that color, but will look even better as it ages/yellows a bit over time.

Really cool find!

You dawg! I was in line to buy it, but you got there before I got the money together! Congratulations. Can’t wait for the sound report!

Back