NGD: Custom 24 and some questions

Thx for the advice and all the replies. Fretboard oil makes sense. It's strange but I guess they have their reasons. I can live with the noise for now. Like I said, I'm probably going to end up rewiring it anyway.

I'm now on day three and I can't seem to put it down. The last few years I've been drawn to the narrower nut widths on EBMM but the neck on this just feels right. Definitely worth the 20 year wait.

And of course now I'm looking at the studios and thinking those look pretty good, too. Gonna have to sell off a few pieces of gear before I get ahead of myself. Kids don't NEED to go to college, right?

Congrats! Purple guitars are the best!

Your experience is similar to mine - PRS guitars are impossible to put down. I went into the store intent on picking up an S2 or maybe a CE24 model, sat down with my core Custom 24 and lost like an hour and a half just playing... it went home with me despite me trying to be financially responsible :)

The fishiness is starting to subside on its own. As for the noise, I found two things.

First, one of the wires came off the switch. The diagrams are a little confusing because the wire colors on the 85/15's don't match up to the posted schematic.

Second, the room with my amps has a dimmer switch whis I know is bad for noise. The CU24 is more sensitive to it than my other instruments. Don't think that would also be related to the loose wire but I'll get it soldered back up tomorrow.

Hit 3 posts, here goes
M46yhF6.jpeg

jazOsV9.jpeg

ZnzV0AU.jpeg

04b8Qix.jpeg
That's one fine guitar there, Tex!!!!

Here in western Colorado we have mountains and canyons. No beaches unfortunately.
It's an and/or scenario. I have friends near Durango who routinely taunt me with pics of their property.

Back