NGD Bernie #2

Fullmoon 1971

Werewolf, there wolf, there castle
So as you know I'm a bit of a guitar addict. Later this year is my 50th and I decided not to buy any guitars (except for a 2020 Epi Les Paul Special) and seriously save towards something special for the occasion. (my thoughts are a late 90's – 06 core model. I already own 4 cores and 4 SE's including my heavily modded Santana SE / Custom 22 hybrid with 5 way rotary, Dragon II pickups and a solid brass bridge. I'd decided that I might re-mod my Bernie and change the pickups out after I saw a set of McCarty's on Evilbay. The listing ended before I could get them but then a friend told me they were also listed on Reverb. I'd never checked reverb before (spend too much on EB) sure enough there they were, so I got them before they disappeared.
51143387545_71603f60b3_z.jpg
51141606237_b90a3aa1bf_z.jpg

Anybody have any idea the age of these based on the 2 different labels?

As I was completing the sale the site listed a few things I might interested in including a few Bernie SE's, they were all pre-owned and had a few minor dings. Then I spotted a 2011 model in almost lemondrop. The description claimed that the guitar was in pristine condition and the pictures seemed to bear that out. I sat there looking at it till my better half said “use it or lose it” so I went over the store's actual site and it was £20 cheaper, no brainer. Both packages arrived today, the pickups look to be in excellent condition (just need to raise the poles). That brings me to the guitar – shes had a bone nut installed but other than that is completely stock. The listing was spot on, she is pristine, I even had my blacklight out to check her over, there is not a single mark on her, no pick scratches no light marks on the back or neck. it even had the original plastic on the pickups. I could find no sign of her ever being played – She is spotless, I think the original owner must of just kept her in her case.

51143395955_ff37637f73_k.jpg

and with her sister
51143395100_684f7165dd_k.jpg

Both are 2011 models with the already modded one having a later serial number. the picture dosen't do the difference in colour justice. the modded one is a faded teaburst wihle the new one is almost lemonburst.

Last edited:
Back