NGD -and I blame y'all...

Yeah, that’s a little out of hand. Most of us are careful to stop at 2 new PRS Guitars per year. Look man, you’ve got to pace yourself. This is a marathon, not a 100-meter dash. Push too hard and you’ll find yourself giving half of those sweet-ass guitars to your ‘ex’ and her lawyer.
Really, only 2 per year? Oops, already bought three so far this year, plus one for my wife.

And that is low compared to the previous two years of acquisition.

Double oops.

Congrats, love that top and Blue Mateo with a natty back is always a win in my book. Once dialed in it will be killer!

That's a beautiful top. I think even with the issues you caught a good one. Congratulations!

Congrats, was it re-painted/finished? The body paint doesn't look like any other PRS.

Congrats, was it re-painted/finished? The body paint doesn't look like any other PRS.

Nah, It's Matteo Blue with the satin finish. It's from 2006, so the color has faded a little bit and the maple has gotten a bit yellower underneath I'll wager, so it has a sort of turquoise hue to it which I think is completely gorgeous. A previous owner clearly buffed the satin finish so it's shinier; sort of in between satin and gloss, which makes the flames show a bit better.

But I'm pretty sure the finish is original.

The OP has noted that is it indeed a Blue Matteo, but there are Aquamarine finishes that look a lot like that - I have one, for example:

haSzgq1.jpg

And here is my Blue Matteo SAS beside that Aquamarine 594:

blXjjkk.jpg

Back