NGD: A Blue-ish Princess

sergiodeblanc

I had been looking for a loving home for my DG30 since I’m trying to reduce the number of trips to the car and fighting for stage space with my band (at least I was pre-Covid) and saw @Tahlee wanted one. So per forum rules :rolleyes: I reached out to him via PM and.....

(Insert picture of guitar here, you f@cking internal error bastard)

Yeah, my Santana Fever is that raging.

I’d always been curious about Santana III’s and this was as good an opportunity as I’d ever had to get my guacamole-d mitts on one, you know, just for scientific purposes.

I had assumed they were different because of the price and the recessed trem cover... I don’t know what I was expecting, maybe something thinner or more different than other Santana’s from that era but, nah.... it’s only missing a brazzy board with hidden fret tangs, the Eagle, and the purfling.

It’s a BEAST! Seriously, these things are a bargain considering they hover around a couple stacks used. Big @ss neck, big butt, and all the tone and feel of a Santana (duh).

It may not stay (can anyone say trade bait?) but that’s only because I’m having a real hard time with the color. Is it blue? Is it green? Argh!!!! My brain is melting! Who am I?!?!

BTW, @Talhee may be a “new guy” but he’s a legit OG to deal with. Couldn’t recommend him enough to deal with, pure gentleman. The guitar showed up before I even packed the amp, and it wasn’t one of those things where I made him send it first because I needed to cover my @ss.

Alright, pics in the coming posts.

vawGaGS.jpg

Awesome!

I would say it is "Teal" on the front, so you can argue that is a shade of green (albeit truly green-blue or blue-green). But the back is truly blue, I'm afraid.

So it's a Bangin' from the front only. Not the rear.

:eek:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Sergio. You were also such a pleasure to deal with.

I have never in my life seen a better packed amplifier head than the one Sergio sent me. Each tube was removed and individually bubble wrapped. The head was padded and double boxed. He sent me a tube diagram so I know where they go. He really put some time and effort into packing such a delicate item and it arrived safely. Thread to follow...

You forgot to mention the raw brass @John Mann tremolo.

Thank you so much for the kind words, Sergio. You were also such a pleasure to deal with.

I have never in my life seen a better packed amplifier head than the one Sergio sent me. Each tube was removed and individually bubble wrapped. The head was padded and double boxed. He sent me a tube diagram so I know where they go. He really put some time and effort into packing such a delicate item and it arrived safely. Thread to follow...

You forgot to mention the raw brass @John Mann tremolo.

Oh! The pleasure was all.... ours?

Heads up, guys! @Tahlee invited us all to his beautiful crib, so when this sh!t’s over and it’s safe to congregate again we’re “Rhode Island Bound”.

Yeah.... I kinda glossed over the Mann trem because if I don’t keep the guitar, it ain’t going with it. Tahlee was also kind enough to throw in the old trem because he’s a f@cking champion.

Back