NGD: 97 Royal Blue CE 22

MWebster

Hey all, today we have a juicy one.

Every now and again I look at the older CE's because I miss my '97 CE standard (all mahogany body, natural finish), definitely should not have let that one go. They're superb guitars and I've had a void ever since. Anyway this popped up in my searches, while not really looking to add another guitar to the collection I was taken back by how clean it is for '97. Usually these CE's are pretty beat up nowadays. It was allegedly case kept for 20 plus years. It's a bone stock royal blue CE-22 with the Dragon I's. Got it in today, set up and ahhh perfect. Looks like faded whale blue with a translucent blue back. Everything works as it should, no surprises so far!! Miss these pickups!!

fVX4RUk.jpg

Congrats!!! That's the exact ce22 I've been looking for. I had a line on one just like it to the T, except like you said, it was a lil beat up. Had to pass it up for a long story that had to do with seller shade vibes that I wanted no part of. Damn morals, still regret passing on the guitar.

Play it health while you can! I'm a little jealous right now making a voodoo doll.. :)

Congrats!!! That's the exact ce22 I've been looking for. I had a line on one just like it to the T, except like you said, it was a lil beat up. Had to pass it up for a long story that had to do with seller shade vibes that I wanted no part of. Damn morals, still regret passing on the guitar.

Play it health while you can! I'm a little jealous right now making a voodoo doll.. :)
That's understandable that you passed on it. But it's still kind of funny how these things work out. I figured I was likely going to buy one again one day and I may not find one as clean as this is for a half decent price again. I hope you're able to sus one out, they're terrific! This time I won't be foolishly letting it go. I'll add that I've had my fair share of missing out on a guitar or a deal falling through only to find someone on here or another site posting their NGD of that guitar haha.

a deal falling through only to find someone on here or another site posting their NGD of that guitar
That's the worst! I even even precursed out whoever bought one out from under me on here before. Lmao even funnier it was a CE. Almost always a ce. I've been chasing my perfect whale too long..

Hey all, today we have a juicy one.

Every now and again I look at the older CE's because I miss my '97 CE standard (all mahogany body, natural finish), definitely should not have let that one go. They're superb guitars and I've had a void ever since. Anyway this popped up in my searches, while not really looking to add another guitar to the collection I was taken back by how clean it is for '97. Usually these CE's are pretty beat up nowadays. It was allegedly case kept for 20 plus years. It's a bone stock royal blue CE-22 with the Dragon I's. Got it in today, set up and ahhh perfect. Looks like faded whale blue with a translucent blue back. Everything works as it should, no surprises so far!! Miss these pickups!!

fVX4RUk.jpg
Nice

I've seen some instances of royal blue fading out to a near natural finish on the top. But I really like where this one's at. Ideally it won't change!

Congrats! That one is in good condition. That is definitely faded Royal Blue. They had a blue back. Whale blue is more of a gray blue and had black backs.
Is faded royal blue an actual finish or is it just faded? Haha

Back