NGD - $400 Custom 24 recap

Lightningflash

For those of you who saw my NGD a couple weeks back about the Custom 24 husk and hardcase I picked-up for $400 from a local retail shop, here's some pics of it all finished with some Dragon II's I found for $120.
My wife had some time-off this week so I paid here $100 to drop it off to Pete Moreno in Kalamazoo. He fitted it with a bone nut, installed the pickups and set it up. I slipped the wife another $100 to go pick it up.
So, all together, I've got $720 into it.
I forgot that I bought a truss-rod cover for it $19 and a cavity cover for $26.

Here's the pics I promised:

20190621_191523.jpg

20190621_191516.jpg

20190621_192626.jpg

Smokin guitar! Nice job

Should have kept this in the original thread, not leave them hangin.

Just read both threads for the first time right now. Holy freaking deal Batman!! I would have easily handed over $1000+ for that guitar in its original state.

.....goes to check local Craigslist....

For those of you who saw my NGD a couple weeks back about the Custom 24 husk and hardcase I picked-up for $400 from a local retail shop, here's some pics of it all finished with some Dragon II's I found for $120.
My wife had some time-off this week so I paid here $100 to drop it off to Pete Moreno in Kalamazoo. He fitted it with a bone nut, installed the pickups and set it up. I slipped the wife another $100 to go pick it up.
I forgot that I bought a truss-rod cover for it $19 and a cavity cover for $26.

Here's the pics I promised:

20190621_191523.jpg

20190621_191516.jpg

20190621_192626.jpg
I said it in the original thread - deal of the century!

Dawg, you pay your wife to run errands for you?

Jinx! Buy me a coke.

Dude... You stole that beautiful guitar!!!

Or someone else did, stripped it, and sold it cheap. :p

Cool guitar @Lightningflash. Great top. Even better price.

Needs to have the intonation properly set-up (and probably a few other details verified if assembled by whomever did the intonation).

Okay, somehow you buying a Custom 24 for $400 is not the most intriguing part of this story anymore.

Dawg, you pay your wife to run errands for you?

Years ago, my wife and I decided to split-up OUR play money so WE could buy whatever WE wanted without having to get the others permission.
Nonetheless, I know my wife isn't overly excited about me getting another guitar, probably about as excited as I'd be about her getting another pair of shoes or another purse.
Typically, I'd do all the running around that would be needed to be done to get a guitar serviced or go to get parts.
Moreno's Guitar Clinic is an hour away and so since this guitar was so cheap and I didn't have a whole lot of free time and she did, I figured I'd bribe her a bit with $100 bill every time she went there. It was a win-win for me, I didn't have to do a thing but tell her when it was done. She's happy because she got some extra play money and I get the guitar still very much on-the-cheap.

Just proves that taking a chance on a stripped guitar, with a bit of love and some work, you can end up with something great...

Hope she plays as well as she looks!!!

I picked-up for $400 from a local retail shop, here's some pics of it all finished with some Dragon II's I found for $120.

Moreno builds guitars for free?

Looks fantastic!

I would double check the intonation tho, something seems off. Are you using a wound G or a custom gauge set?

Back