NGD: 2020 Spec SC 594 in Charcoal!

MA Pete

Pattern Thin Convert!
I posted this on my SC 594 Prototype thread, but this one deserves a proper NGD thread!

It's a beauty. Full 2020 specs, new tuners, Nitro Finish, etc. Born Dec 23, 2019.

h8KjWKD.jpg

Same comments from my post on my other thread:

I have to say, these 2020 models are amazing. The Nitro finish IMO makes a huge difference. In 2017 I pretty much gave up on the Core and WL DC and SC 594s and went all-in on the Private Stocks - I really preferred the feel and tone of the Private Stocks, there was a huge difference for me. I think the Nitro finish on the Private Stocks versus the V12 on the Core and WL ones were a big part of that. The Core and WL 594s were still fantastic guitars in their own right, but the Private Stocks were at another level altogether for me. With these 2020's, the gap is narrowed SIGNIFICANTLY. (Which my wallet is very happy for!)

I still think Private Stocks are well worth the delta for the premium fit and finish, the Maple Binding and the custom finishes, sick tops and custom inlays, but feel and tone are now very close.

This one has an amazing resonance to it (even unplugged) that is stellar.

Nice job PRS team - these 2020 models are KILLER!!

I really dig this 10 Top - great flame, and I always prefer the flame shape to be a slight "V" like this, like my 2016 Prototype, and many of my other favorites over the years.

This Charcoal finish is great. I have always loved Charcoal on the tops, but Charcoal usually comes with a Black back and neck, which is a showstopper for me, having wood grain showing on the neck is a must-have for my guitars. So this one with the Charcoal finish on the top and a Natural Back, and with the Hybrid Hardware, a great combination!

I usually prefer the vintage finishes, but I really love this one to mix it up a bit.

Most importantly - it feels, plays and sounds great!

I must have been asleep at the wheel...didn't realize they went back to the non-locking vintage tuners this year on models like this. Who knew...

Back