NGD - 2009 Limited Ted McCarty SC-245

ToneRangerAudio

Howdy y'all! This is my first post on this site.

I picked up this 2009 Ted McCarty SC-245 today in a trade. Anyone have any info on these guitars? Has a 10 top and the Santana headstock. Legitimately one of the best guitars I've ever played. Blows every R9 out of the water. The owner before me put in the 58/15 Low Wind TCI pickups and they are just incredible.

Any info y'all may have such a how many were made, nitro or not, etc. would be amazing.

Thanks so much!

6-B7-EEF96-E06-E-45-B7-87-BF-F62999-DD8034.jpg

I think there were 400 made in 4 configurations: singlecut humbucker, singlecut soapbar, double cut humbucker, double cut soapbar. May have been 100 of each, not sure. I owed a DC245 humbucker and SC245 soapbar of these. They are one of the best series that PRS put out.

Oh and beautiful guitar!

Last edited:
Welcome to the neighborhood!

I've got a DC version of that guitar, made in 2010. (DC = "double cut," like many other traditional PRS bodies, not the Single Cut version.) Artist-grade tops, too, I believe. (Meaning, 1 grade higher than the "10 top" designation.) And the 24.5" scale, of course, is closer to the Gibson scale than PRS's typical 25" scale, which is probably part of why it's as good or better than any R9 out there.

Mine's got the covered 59/09 pickups and man it's just a killer, killer guitar. Yes indeed, you've got a real-deal R9-killer in your hands there, and probably for WAY less than any kind of R9 pricing.

Howdy y'all! This is my first post on this site.

I picked up this 2009 Ted McCarty SC-245 today in a trade. Anyone have any info on these guitars? Has a 10 top and the Santana headstock. Legitimately one of the best guitars I've ever played. Blows every R9 out of the water. The owner before me put in the 58/15 Low Wind TCI pickups and they are just incredible.

Any info y'all may have such a how many were made, nitro or not, etc. would be amazing.

Thanks so much!

6-B7-EEF96-E06-E-45-B7-87-BF-F62999-DD8034.jpg
Nice

Last year there was one for sale in holland for a rediculous price that meant robbing someone blind. I was too late

Back