NGD: 2005 513 Rosewood :)

Jazzedout

More Guitars than Time...
Here it is!! An early 513 Rosewood with a straight grain dark BRW neck and an even darker fretboard.
I could not get the grain of the fretboard to show, unless I used the flash!!
Here are some quick pics, but I need to make some decent ones to show the color a little better, since it is much more vibrant in person!!

cb79bc99-a6b9-46b1-9a89-17b8ac746bd0_zps83c56faa.jpg

P7091455_zpsceef6e6b.jpg

P7091477_zps045fa3c3.jpg

P7091479_zps7950092c.jpg

P7091483_zps6011d13d.jpg

P7091484_zps2cf065a7.jpg

How does it sound? Well The first thing I noticed after the setup I did, was that it is a really vibrant/resonant guitar and that brw neck is realy smooth and feels better than the unfinished maple neck on my Ibanez, which was my favorite feeling neck.
I did not expect the 513 pickups to be that powerfull... I have set up a patch in my 11R for Angus type sound (with my Cu24 with HFS which is already powerfull enough) and the 513 at heavy humbucker sound is driving the patch way more creating distortion!! Very musical and usefull for a heavier sound, but not ac/dc type stuff. I need to to put the humbucker to the clear mode and then roll off the volume a bit to get it were it should be.
One thing that might create that effect is that I notice much more bass and top end from the pickups.
Single coils are also much more powerfull than my strat. It is like I have always a boost or compressor infront of my strat, which I usually do anyway. :)

The nut has been changed. Anyone have a spare white 513 nut?

Killer! Very cool guitar! One of these is on my "will own one day" list.

I think the 513s came out with a black, scalloped nut (but Dancing Frog can confirm that one!)

Beautiful! The 513 is on my list of wants as well. That, or a Hollowbody. But you have definitely stoked the 513 G.A.S. again. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Love those. I had one, and only traded it b/c someone wanted it really badly. I thought the 513 neck carve was perfect. And the pickups really did a lot. Loved the full bridge buckers Great guitars. Congrats.

Thanks for all the kind words guys!
Under the treble pickup I found this:

"Special Order" and G.C. (Guitar Center?) But the guitar was originaly sold in Europe from the European distributor at the time (I have the original papers)
Any ideas? What do other 513s have under the treble pickup?

I stand corrected, hopefully you can find one! Might be worth contacting Shawn to see if there's any lying around.
Brian Meader had Shawn looking a set recently for me, but no dice. Looks like my 2005 Grey Black will have to get a new black nut instead.

Was that the one on the bay I was drooling over?
Gorgeous colour!
Enjoy it
P.S DIBS!!

Thanks! It was on ebay. It is a great guitar but it made me put my '96 Custom 24 for sale... :( Why can't we keep them all??
I guess the braz neck resonating in my hand will make me feel a little better! :)

Back