NGD 2004 PRS Hollowbody I Spruce

Bpayne777

Today Im upgrading from my PRS S2 Semi-Hollow to a 2004 PRS Hollowbody I Spruce. It is on the UPS Truck as I type and the excitement is boiling over. I have permission to leave work around 1:00 today so I can get home to receive the package. Is there a chance that anyone knows who the previous owners is (unlikely I'm sure)? FYI the PRS S2 semi-hollow was purchased from Sam Ash.com and the pup selector shorted out within 45 days of receiving it. The S2's are definitely nice guitars but be weary about the electronics that are constructed over seas and then shipped to "drop in". It is pretty dissapointing to have a nice guitar crap out on you so soon.
$_57.GIF

The switch on my Mira hollow took a crap contacted PRS Matt King sent a new switch in about a week try and get that kind of service anywhere else installed switch all good.

Congrats! Other than the birds, ours are virtually twins. Mine's a 2001 that I've had for a long time and it's never going anywhere. Over the years I've done a few mods - Phase ll tuners, Tone Pros studs, WCR pickups and RW rings but it has never failed to put a smile on my face. It got plated for 4 sets last night and is starting to show signs of needing a fret job.

Enjoy yours!!!

Jim

Picture025.jpg

Damn, that's a sweet looking axe...very simple in presentation. Bet it sounds amazing with the spruce top. Enjoy !

Looks like I have the same exact one as you Mr. Fisher. It really is a great guitar and the spruce really lends itself a sound all it's own.

A little disconcerting to read the S2 selector switch went bad so soon. I just bought an S2 Semi Hollow maybe a month or so ago. And I flick the switch a lot. Have you tried just squishing the contacts together? My Core selector switch stopped working a while back and I just bent the contacts in tighter and it worked ever since.

Congrats on your new guitar. I have one very similar to yours (Spruce Top with Archtop PU's) and I love it. I use it for all kinds of music and it plays well both clean and with distortion. Enjoy.

So I played the guitar a ton last night. It was set up very well before it shipped and for a guitar that is 11 years old is in great shape. Most of the damage is in the form of light scratches on the back which aren't visible to anyone but myself. She sounds great and is very responsive. Overall I'm very impressed with this instrument. I've found it is tough to be extremely critical while still in the honeymoon period. I'll post to follow up once that ends (if it ever does). Really happy with the upgrade to CORE from S2. digging the violin carve.

11378482_468248900005405_184036132_n.jpg

Sweet!

Stuff happens with switches and electronics, because PRS doesn't make switches, they just spec 'em and buy 'em. Even happens on Private Stocks, nothing to worry about.

Very cool man! If it makes you feel any better, I had a pickup crap out on a brand new $2500 LP once. Probably a solid 20 years ago, since I've been playing PRS electrics exclusively for the past 17 years. I tried to own 1 LP after I got my 1st PRS in '96. That one too had piles of problems including(but not limited to) junk tuners, a crappy switch and knobs that were noisy as hell. That poor, sad guitar was the last non-PRS electric I owned. Ironically(or not), all the issues drove me to return that guitar and buy another PRS.

Like Les said, parts are parts. Guitar companies are limited to what their suppliers give them. They can only change suppliers when it comes to stuff like that - that can be a massive headache in itself. At any rate, I'm glad you're switch issue found you this new guitar, she's a beaut!

Back