NGD!2004 Brazilian McCarty, 10 top, Red Quilted Maple, Rosewood Neck & Fretboard

HANGAR18

Who is John Galt?
NGD!2004 Brazilian McCarty, 10 top, Red Quilted Maple, Rosewood Neck & Fretboard

I've wanted a red quilted Maple top on a guitar for a very long time and today I received a homeless PRS guitar that I found online in Nashville Tennessee.
The guitar has been played and it has some nice mojo, but not too much.
A very nice guitar to say the least.

I believe the neck is East India Rosewood while the fretboard is Brazilian Rosewood.

Here is what the PRS web site says about this guitar, but note it is a 2004 ans not a 2003.
BRAZILIAN SERIES McCARTY: 2003. McCarty, Brazilian fretboard and headstock overlay, pink heart abalone birds and signature, the word “Brazilian” is inlayed on the face of the headstock in green abalone ripple, gold/nickel hybrid hardware configuration, 10 top only. Limited run of 500 guitars all signed and numbered.

5bst.jpg

72qk.jpg

xesj.jpg

1qua.jpg

She's a beauty - saw that one on the GC site but refrained from asking for additional photos because I suspected she was much more lovely than their ace website photography portrayed...and indeed she is.

She's a beauty - saw that one on the GC site but refrained from asking for additional photos because I suspected she was much more lovely than their ace website photography portrayed...and indeed she is.

Yeah, what's up with that? They have some of the worst pictures ever on their used site...

Yeah, what's up with that? They have some of the worst pictures ever on their used site...

It's almost like they DON'T want you to buy some of the guitars...maybe when they see one coming in that someone in the store wants, they take crappy pics of it. Except in GCRon's store :)

It's almost like they DON'T want you to buy some of the guitars...maybe when they see one coming in that someone in the store wants, they take crappy pics of it. Except in GCRon's store :)

I bought it without fully knowing what it actually looked like. They sent me 3 or 4 photos of the case and hang tags but not the guitar. Eventually I got a photo of the headstock. Through researching what features it was supposed to have, I made an educated guess as to what I thought it would look like in person and I'm happy with what I got when I saw it for the first time. It is always a bit difficult to buy something online from a GC store. One must ask a LOT of questions at times there are some surprises.

Back