NGD 2001 Singlecut Purple!

Just wanted to drop by and share with you guy's a video I made earlier today of me taking the Singlecut for a test drive. I ran her thru a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II & a JCM 900 1960 cab.
Effects wise, I ran an MXR Smart Gate thru the front, and an MXR 10 band EQ & T.C. Electronic's Hall of Fame Reverb on the "Plate" setting thru the fx loop. I apologize for the glare from the window blind...first time video maker

Last edited:
Just wanted to drop by and share with you guy's a video I made earlier today of me taking the Singlecut for a test drive. I ran her thru a Hughes & Kettner TriAmp MK II & a JCM 900 1960 cab.
Effects wise, I ran an MXR Smart Gate thru the front, and an MXR 10 band EQ & T.C. Electronic's Hall of Fame Reverb on the "Plate" setting thru the fx loop. I apologize for the glare from the window blind...first time video maker
Nicely done

Oh, crap--do you know Todd? I know him from the Dr. Z amp community...
Hey brother, sorry for not responding sooner. Yes I know Todd. Todd & his son make great pickups, and they are priced very fairly.
Beautiful congrats.
Thank you
Nicely done
Thank you. The comment is much appreciated!
I hated the bridge #7 in my '06 and had a damn good time with a Tone Zone.

This purple example looks excellent!
Yes I really love the purple color, I'm really suprised this guitar didn't get stamped as a 10 Top. My other two singlecut's have \m/ pickups installed in the bridge position.

Got Wide Fat neck, right? My favorite...the Pattern carve comes close.
I had a '01 Goldtop Singlecut, was not happy with the #7s. I went with Dimarzio 36th Annies, and for me, it was the icing on my PRS cake.
Congrats and enjoy your awesome Singlecut!

This maybe one of those ones I regret not buying...lol.
Looks and sound great, nice work all round.

Wow!!! Purplelicious !!!! HUUUGE CONGRATS!!
Thank you!
Great tone, nice chops.
Thank you for the compliment! It means alot!
Got Wide Fat neck, right? My favorite...the Pattern carve comes close.
I had a '01 Goldtop Singlecut, was not happy with the #7s. I went with Dimarzio 36th Annies, and for me, it was the icing on my PRS cake.
Congrats and enjoy your awesome Singlecut!
I've never tried the Dimarzio 36th Annies, how well would they hold for playing the style of music I did in that video I posted?

That's cool you have a Goldtop Singlecut. I have a early model 2000 Goldtop Singlecut. I noticed when I installed the \m/ pickup I put in it, that the sticker on bottom of the #7 pickup is actually a white sticker w/ #7 written on it in pen, and not the black/gold prs foil sticker found on their pickups.
Awesome111
Thank you!
Very nice! Im a little biased since i have a purple single cut as well. Looks like yours is in much better shape than mine though, mines a beater haha! Have fun with it!
Thank you!
This maybe one of those ones I regret not buying...lol.
Looks and sound great, nice work all round.
Thanks, much appreciated!
I like the purple
Thank you!

Watching your video, I see that you are in the metal realm. I don't think the 36ths are the best choice for that. Rock on broheim!
Really? From what I've been reading about the 36th Annies that were mentiined, they seem like they are slightly hotter than the stock #7's that are in the guitar, that I am playing in the video.

Ahh, what do I know? lol! I don't play metal, but I guess with a lot of gain/pedals, they'll get you there.
I play more edge of breakup tones, and they are great for that.

I would rather have the 36th than the #7 for metal. #7 too thin sounding and a little compressed. 36th more full range and open. Fortitude or Breed Neck in the bridge if you want a little extra kick, I think the 36th bridge is maybe a bit weak but also I like contrast between my neck and bridge positions.

If you have a high gain amp/pedal its better to have a clear signal than a really hot signal hitting the front for extra clarity IME.

Back