NFL Playoffs

Shawn@PRS

yogi
Let's pick 'em guys.

Chiefs over the Colts. Saints over Eagles. Pack over Niners. Bengals over Chargers.

Broncos beat the Pats to represent the AFC in in the Superbowl and the Seahawks beat Packers to represent the NFC. The Broncos beat the Seahawks in the SB.

2014-nfl-playoffs-picture.png

Not much for predictions, but here's who I'm rooting for. I grew up near Boston and go back to the Babe Parilli, Jim Nance, & Gino Cappelletti days.

Patriots-Logo-Desktop-Wallpaper.jpg

So far I'm one for two. Not bad odds if I were a weather man! :) The Colts had a remarkable comeback and the Chiefs had one of the worst meltdowns I've ever seen. I'm looking forward to todays games.

I have no horse in the race, but I think Peyton is a class act. Thus, I'm adopting the Broncos to win it all by beating the Seahawks in the big game. Since my brother is in Seattle and a Seahawks fan, it will make for an interesting bet.

Usually I would say this year Niners would take GB. I am a GB fan but being it is at GB it is freeking COLD there! Like below zero so 49`ers may freeze up!

Usually I would say this year Niners would take GB. I am a GB fan but being it is at GB it is freeking COLD there! Like below zero so 49`ers may freeze up!

I thought Rodgers experience would help the Packers win, but I have to hand it to Kaepernick, he's a baller.

How's all the" SOOTHSAYING" working out for you,Shawn ?

Batting .500 so far

I thought Rodgers experience would help the Packers win, but I have to hand it to Kaepernick, he's a baller.

Batting .500 so far

That was a hard loss to take as a Packers fan, but honestly the Packers did not look that good today and most of the year.

The chiefs haven't won a playoff game since Bill Clinton first took office (1993). They had a meltdown of biblical proportions and I loved it. I'm originally from western Wayne county Indiana so I was happy to see the colts come back to win. My wife is from Missouri so her hole family is chiefs fans, which makes for some tense moments durning games.

That being said, Peyton is the reason that Indy is now a football town and I'll always be a Peyton fan so my heart is torn. I hope the colts beat the pats and the bronco's beat the chargers and then I don't care which one of them win as long as that team beats the NFC team, which I hope is the seahawks.

Just saw this thread. Too late to call it from the beginning but I'm obviously saying "Bronco's for the win - all the way through."

I was in a local brew-pub for the 49'ers/Packers game. Painful loss for the cheese-heads.

We should see some exciting games coming up! (click on image to expand)

Pats over the Colts
Broncos over the Chargers
Seahawks over the Saints
Niners over the Panthers

nfl.JPG

Last edited:
Football is dumb!!! Signed, a sorrowful, pitiful Steeler fan!!!! Wouldn't mind a whole bunch of newbies makin' it...Loved KC, and GB(love Aaron Rodgers, even though he beat up on Pittsburgh couple years back) , and Cincy...ALL GONE!!! I actually picked the first 4 same as Shawn, so batting .250 kinda sux... I guess I'll go with Peyton (only because he really is TWICE as good as his brother, so he deserves two rings @#%^$%^&#$%^&!!!), Can't stand Brady-bawl ...oops, sorry, Brady-Ball. Cam Newton did something cool with a young fan in the seats so he earned some respect from me, and Carolina is new...what the heck.
49ers and Seattle's Defenses are amazing, so if I were gambling, money on one of them.

I am going the complete opposite and pulling for the underdogs. Not that I really think they will win, bit hoping that they do. Their opponents are just that good. But... that is why they play the game!
The only team that I picked that really has a chance at winning is the Saints. They have learned alot from a month ago, have shown it and still have something to prove. Will it be enough, I dont know. The Hawks are hell of a team. I like the Colts, because Bellichick can't be that good (Not)! The Chargers because they have been trying hard. The Panthers, well, just because.

Colts over the Pats
Chargers over the Broncos
Saints over the Seahawks
Panthers over the Niners

The problem with the PATS this year....They have the ability to STOMP on every team including the mannings and the breezes etc etc etc...

But ALSO they have the ability to downright stink. Their inconsistency this year has driven me nuts...Surprising to hear me say that as they are 12 and 4 but they have not really put a complete game together...Either they get up by 9,000 points and just sleep during the second half or they are down by 9,000 points and wake the heck up and storm back and win.

Going into the playoffs I STILL dont know which team will show up..... Half thier starters are all out...ones in jail and the others have had season ending injuries..its incredible that they are 12 and 4...Billichek is coach of the year for this reason. (But he has a lot of haters and he is so damn consistent every year that he will not win it)

Back