Newbie question regarding Guitar and amp of choice..

I can't sum it up better than this. I have a `55 Fender Super 5F4 and on top of it is a Squier SP-10 found for $15. The Super lives up to it's name, but that Squier sounds like an angry little dog - it cuts through everything else in the room.
Nice! I certainly got ya..

Hum, The average person on the street that has never considered picking up nor learning guitar in general might think that blues players are pretty hot musicians. I think I would. We take for granted at times our ability to make music, and if guitar was irrelevant, Fender, Gibson and yes, PRS would probably be making furniture. Much the same"tired" could be said for "tired" downtuning, metal and shredding, Someone is going to find it boring, pretentious and not musical. It's basically what makes the musical, and guitar world go around, Diversity in what we desire to play. Play what you like and feel, chances are there are those around you that have absolutely no idea what you are doing and what it takes to get there. ;-)

My only words of wisdom - Play before you buy, especially if you are a beginner or low level intermediate player. You want to select a guitar that feels good in your hands and that you will use and practice with (hopefully often).
Obviously you have to stay within your budget as well. You have received a lot of good and diverse opinions on this thread. Good luck on your search.

I can't sum it up better than this. I have a `55 Fender Super 5F4 and on top of it is a Squier SP-10 found for $15. The Super lives up to it's name, but that Squier sounds like an angry little dog - it cuts through everything else in the room.
That's great! Yes, it makes good sense to put them in my hand.

Today for the first time I got a chance to hold a core PRS CU 24 and all I can say is wow! Yet, I didn't even try to play it but it felt like it was made for my hands, if that makes sense!

My only words of wisdom - Play before you buy, especially if you are a beginner or low level intermediate player. You want to select a guitar that feels good in your hands and that you will use and practice with (hopefully often).
Obviously you have to stay within your budget as well. You have received a lot of good and diverse opinions on this thread. Good luck on your search.
Agreed, I think that's what I'm really shooting for first. I don't quite have the experience so I'm going with how it feels in my hand as well as how easy it is to play yet looks makes me want to pick it up all the time to practice. :p Thanks buddy!

Back