New Used Guitar Day

WeFixFlats

Respect The Clave
full%20front%20view_zpslzxyhp7y.jpg
[/URL][/img]

Best%20One_zpseoh1rnlj.jpg
[/URL][/img]

One the 'glamour' shot from the dealer, the other when I first opened the case(which looks brand new btw)

TMSC-245 with 57/08's. Not a '10' Top, but frankly I don't care about that. Can't wait to crank this one up thru the HXDA(when nobody's home of course)

If memory serves - and I could be wrong - the Teds came with upgraded tops (artist grade) so they wouldn't have a 10 designation. Enjoy it, the thing looks spectacular and will sound great!

Thanks everyone. So here's the 'back story'. First, I have a price threshold and only look for 2nd hand PRS guitars and I knew I wanted a SC with the 58/09's and a color/stain I could wake up to everyday of the week. This one was found on the music auction site(the one that starts with 'R'). There were several SC's there, BUT some were legacy models(w/o the 58/09's) that I knew were too heavy(>8.6+ lbs.) for my taste. Second, there was one SC that was less than this one by a few hundred $$$ BUT didn't have a hard case($200 msrp) and not the bound fretboard with the modern headstock profile. Not a 'Ted' in other words. So I made a fair and reasonable offer(at my budget limit, btw)to the store and they accepted it. Plus they set it up perfectly, I mean spot on intonation with a new D'Addario 10 set. So there you go, if you stick to a budget, save up and be patient 'the one' will come your way, even if it takes a couple of months like it did for me. As far as the 'sound', unplugged this is a LOUD axe, and thru the cranked up HXDA? Use your imagination.

Gorgeous Ted!! I absolutely love it! Whatever you want to call that top, it looks perfect on your guitar. Congratulations and enjoy!

Update: Once we got the guitar, we immediately put my standard brand '10' set(P2221) on it. (Nothing wrong with the set or setup from the seller, I just needed to bond with it, polish it up a little). Anyway, after a couple of weeks, we felt that the 10's were a gauge too light for this model guitar. So, we went to a standard '11' set(P2220). What a difference! Really plays and sounds great with these and the action is set good and low, intonation perfect. My HXDA loves it. Thought we'd share our experience using a one gauge heavier set on this model.

Back