New Guitar Day, a reminder from my younger days! Warning ! NON PRS!

Max Headroom

Your Mom rang, can she have her panties back!
Yep its yet another NGD but its non PRS, sorry folks!
So just WHY did I buy this axe?
Its a 1987 MIJ Yamaha for $99 for starters but if that was not enough of a reason.
Back in the day when we had a half decent band that I played bass in I used to write the basic melodies for new songs on a six string in the practice room.
And it was a 1987 Yamaha RGX110 but in bright yellow so it brings back good memories!
Unfortunately said first RGX suffered an ignominious fate.
I remember going into the room one night, likely drunk and the axe was either propped up against the wall or an amp but anyway I stumbled into it and both it and myself went crashing down.
Only one survived that encounter unfortunately, the poor thing had the headstock snapped right off!
Hopefully I will not repeat that one!
So here you go with a NGD just because I could!

Last edited:
Hell yeah!!! I had one of those in white. My first solid body was an RGX211. Those are nice, fun guitars. Enjoy.

BTW - I stripped the paint off my 211. It was a mahogany body and neck. 24.75 scale. I don't remember if the 110 is the same, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Hell yeah!!! I had one of those in white. My first solid body was an RGX211. Those are nice, fun guitars. Enjoy.

BTW - I stripped the paint off my 211. It was a mahogany body and neck. 24.75 scale. I don't remember if the 110 is the same, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Likely is but I have to admit I quite like the fire engine red body and black neck paint job.
Contrasts well IMHO.

Just a nice lightweight fun guitar.
Wonder what it would sound like with a P90 in it?:cool:

Wonder what it would sound like with a P90 in it?
Would probably be killer. Have considered it, and got a Gibson P90 from @Lewguitar for this '85 MIJ Squier, but the SD Pearly Gates in it now sounds so good haven't made the effort yet. The PG was a massive improvement from the original Dragstar pup.

Screen-Shot-2023-10-01-at-8-49-54-AM.png

Would probably be killer. Have considered it, and got a Gibson P90 from @Lewguitar for this '85 MIJ Squier, but the SD Pearly Gates in it now sounds so good haven't made the effort yet. The PG was a massive improvement from the original Dragstar pup.

Screen-Shot-2023-10-01-at-8-49-54-AM.png
I used to own a couple of those guitars! Made in Japan. Short scale.

The Pearly Gates sounds killer in those...as you discovered.

I also had one of those guitars with a Duncan Custom Custom.

Sounded a little like Eddie.

Well...if I sounded a little more like Eddie, the guitar would've sounded like Eddie's.

Back