New to the forum, long time PRS Custom 22 owner!

Tim_S

Hi everyone! Can't believe I just discovered this forum! Lots of great pics and info about PRS guitars!

My name is Tim and I'm from Fresno, CA and I own a 2005 Custom 22, 20th Anniversary Edition with a 10 top. This guitar is particularly special to me because it was my high school graduation gift, and it was the only gift I received. All of my family and friends knew about my love of PRS guitars and they all pitched in to buy me one.

Unfortunately, it doesn't get played as much as it use to, now that I have two young boys and work quite a bit. But I've been making an effort to pick it up at least once a week! Looking forward to passing this guitar down to my oldest son when he's older so that he can experience the love of PRS guitars. Have a good day everyone!

Welcome Tim - that is a gorgeous chevron on that CU22! And a great story on how you got it.

My son is only 8, but he's already got his eyes on at least 2 or 3 "bucket" PRSes of mine. For now he just needs to spend more time with his 3/4 scale Squire and maybe he'll graduate to an SE after a few years...

Wow, I love the figure on that one. I'm jealous because I tried a couple times to get my family to pitch in for a guitar to no avail.

Welcome! Great guitar and a nice story to go with it! Hope you find more time to play, I know how hard that can be (3 girls here).

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! And yes, I'm in awe of that maple top every time I look at it! So unique!

Beautiful piece of wood there! I think any more they like to call that angel step, which is not common in the least. Love it!

Hi everyone! Can't believe I just discovered this forum! Lots of great pics and info about PRS guitars!

Welcome Tim!

It looks amazingly like your top and mine were cut from the same tree:

raspberry_body_grain_2.jpg

Welcome & great looking guitar - What kind of pickups are in the guitar? I am not used to seeing covered pickups on a CU22 (or 24).

Very nice! It can be hard to carve out time with young children, and work. I know the conundrum well. But don't ignore your passions either. Enjoy it!

Back