New SE Model in the works?

Yeah, I'm thinking an SE Silver Sky is most likely. Although I'd definitely buy an SE 594 or an SE Hollowbody (not Semi-Hollow)
They just released the core Silver Sky and can't make 'em fast enough. I can't imagine they'd limit that demand by releasing an SE version this soon. Eventually, sure, once demand for the core model chills out, but not yet. I'd think the 594 would be more likely but even that one seems to still be selling really well, so I don't know. Plus, from what PRS said in that interview, it sounded like it's own model, that they thought about releasing as a plus or minus $2800 instrument but were gonna go with an $800 model instead. Which sounds like it would be it's own thing, and not a lower cost version of something already available. I'm obviously just guessing at all of this and I know FAR LESS about PRS than a lot of you folks, but it just seems logical to me that it wouldn't be a Silver Sky or probably even a 594.

They just released the core Silver Sky and can't make 'em fast enough. I can't imagine they'd limit that demand by releasing an SE version this soon. Eventually, sure, once demand for the core model chills out, but not yet. I'd think the 594 would be more likely but even that one seems to still be selling really well, so I don't know. Plus, from what PRS said in that interview, it sounded like it's own model, that they thought about releasing as a plus or minus $2800 instrument but were gonna go with an $800 model instead. Which sounds like it would be it's own thing, and not a lower cost version of something already available. I'm obviously just guessing at all of this and I know FAR LESS about PRS than a lot of you folks, but it just seems logical to me that it wouldn't be a Silver Sky or probably even a 594.

They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they release an SE Silver Sky any time soon. My speculation when that article was released was that they would drop the USA Mayer along with an SE at the same time, but that didn't happen, of course. Now they really have to ride the wave of notoriety and demand that the USA model has generated. They'll lose a lot of orders on the American version if they release an SE before the USA model is readily in supply. All in my completely-uninformed-of-the goings-on-within-PRS opinion, of course.

I totally agree. I'm just trying to think of what else might be fitting that "$2800" price tag that was mentioned. The way he talks, he does seem to suggest that there will be two versions, a Core (or Bolt-On maybe?) version and an SE version. One thing to note is he doesn't mention a timeline.

Sorry homie. The Mrs was off yesterday and got me all out of my "working from home routine." My out of sorts-ness carried over to this morning.

That’ll mess anyone up. My wife has been working from home a bunch lately and it puts a wrench in my routine.

See, you know. How are you getting by with no That 70s Show? Hopefully she doesn't have Bravo on as background noise.

Dude, we’d be divorced or someone would be dead if she watched bravo while she worked!

I finally chased her up to her office in our room. It’s so much better for all three of us.

Could he have been referring to the MT15, the $800 amp a la "SE line" (made overseas) vs a hypothetical core "Tremonti Archon" that would easily run $2800?
So no-one likes my idea that it wasn't a guitar that PRSh was referring to, but instead an amplifier?

The MT15 is right at that price point. Prior to its release, speculation was rife that there would be a "core" MT-spec Archon, around 50W. Then MT himself I believe spilled that they were looking at an affordable overseas-built lower-watt version and a US "main" version. And then it became just the MT15 as we know it.

So no-one likes my idea that it wasn't a guitar that PRSh was referring to, but instead an amplifier?

The MT15 is right at that price point. Prior to its release, speculation was rife that there would be a "core" MT-spec Archon, around 50W. Then MT himself I believe spilled that they were looking at an affordable overseas-built lower-watt version and a US "main" version. And then it became just the MT15 as we know it.
It just sounded like he was talking about a guitar. I actually really liked your idea for an SE MT15.

It just sounded like he was talking about a guitar. I actually really liked your idea for an SE MT15.
He never actually says "guitar" in that paragraph, he says "model", as far as I can find. And you know PRSh, he likes to play coy and mildly deceptive, in a "missing fact" kinda way, vs "outright lie".

My only thing with that is that the MT15 is already the lower priced one. Maybe they'll do an MT50 or an MT100, but to me, it seems like that'd be a little too similar to the Archon. I don't have a ton of experience with either amp, but they seem similar enough that I would be afraid they would eat up each other's market share

I wonder if it is simply the guitar pictured at the beginning of part one of the interview. It would be odd for PRS to finish a guitar like that. o_O

Hang about... I think I've found it!

eg8vg3.jpg

Back