New SE Model in the works?

umo

Old now and not sure if this has already been discussed but...

Here's an excerpt from an interview with Paul Reed Smith:

I’ve just agreed to a model that is going to drop everybody’s jaw. But he thought he could do a good job and to me having that model only be available at $2,800 was not the right thing to do. If somebody could buy one of those for 800 bucks, that would be very cool and I agreed to it and people will look at me like I have a rabbit on my head when we release it. But I think it’s a good idea.

Here's a link to an interview with Paul Reed Smith dated Feb 12th 2018:

https://drivenforward.com/paul-reed-smith-interview/

Any news on this? Or ideas of what it could be?

I recall Paul said something similar during some of the youtube NAMM 2018 interviews but said they weren't going to talk about it right now.

Inb4 PRS Flying V :p

Yeah, if you read that part of the interview it's not clear if they're going to be doing a SE version of a current model or if it will be an entirely new thing. There aren't really any $2800 models right now... every core is over $3K now right?

Could he have been referring to the MT15, the $800 amp a la "SE line" (made overseas) vs a hypothetical core "Tremonti Archon" that would easily run $2800?

There aren't really any $2800 models right now...
There's at least one bolt-on that retails for around that.

But you're right, he might be talking about a completely new animal...like a V...or an X...or a double-neck...or an offset. I mean, those are the ones that come to mind, when the phrase "rabbit on his head" is used.

Oh oh, I know, he's going back to his roots, he's going to make an actual lute.

I saw this awhile back. I am thinking this was before the price of the silversky was finalized. I am thinking we will see a SE Silver sky. Personally, I would like to see a Doubleneck, but I dont know. I think if he made 400-700 doublenecks, they would sell like crazy, but then that would be about it. But that is OK. A niche market would be satisfied.

Back