New PRS SE CUSTOM 24 made in Korea

Laurie

LAURIE
Hi, Im an Aussie musco, have quite a few Guitars, just purchased this new PRS Custom 24 25th Anniversary SE Guitar, and I just love it, anyone else have one of these? and could you tell me if they are as good as the USA models?:wave:
http://www.lauriestephenson.net

Lots of threads on these, and how really great they are, on the forum. Welcome!

welcome to the forum Laurie :D I have one, mine's a 2009 model, black cherry finish with moon inlays, flat top and 3 way toggle. It's my first and only electric guitar, but i have to say i'm spoiled badly! I can't pick up other guitars without detecting flaws almost immediately. I can't say it's the best guitar in the world, but it's definitely the best i've ever held in my hand. I played it side by side against a gibson les paul classic when i was picking out my first electric and it just stunned me. the tone has more air than the gibson and of course, it's lighter, although when compared to the SE Singlecut there, the SE Custom was heavier by about a pound, surprisingly. the slim neck is what sold me on the guitar. it's not too skinny, which makes it more comfortable and attractive to my hands. chord work is as easy as playing leads, more like a perfect compromise between the ibanez wizard neck and fender modern C neck. the 24 frets wasn't a very big impact on me, but i like where the neck pickup sat. it sounded a little bit clearer than the gibson's neck pickup, especially under some gain where the gibson went mudpool.

i've done mods to it like, new pickups, block the trem, fit it with 12-60 strings tuned to Eb standard or Drop Db, sanded the neck to make it play faster. Had it for more than a year now and still holds up pretty well, every part of it still works like day 1. It's got all the pick scratches and belt buckle rash, some near invisible dents here and there, but i like the way it is. the pots are starting to get scratchy too, but i wouldn't expect too much electronics-wise, since they're made in korea with generic electronic parts. the tuners are coming out soon, so is the nut, those were the only 2 things i wasn't too happy about on my guitar, but that was because I previously used the tremolo a lot.

also one of the biggest reason i chose this PRS is due to my then-guitar-hero who played McCartys, ironically he switched to gibson and even had a signature guitar made :dontknow:

I'd rate it 4 stars out of 5. :cheers:

Great Guys, one day I would like to buy a genuine USA Paul Reed Smith as well, check out my website, you can see I have had and still have lots of Guitars, I must admit I'm really coming attached to my PRS ( even if it is made in Korea!) www.lauriestephenson.net

I was wondering when I change the pickups…will Gibson Burstbucker pickups work great for this guitar… Is there anyone who has done this before

Back