New PRS Purchases

I bought my main PRS at Bizarre in 2006, but as you probably saw they primarily do Gibson. I have ranted many times on this forum about the lack of PRS available here in Phoenix. There's no silver lining or bright spot. In 2006 when I went out shopping for a guitar with humbuckers, I had no idea I would end up with a PRS, but that's the guitar that fit me the best. If I went on that same pilgrimage today I wouldn't end up with a PRS, because there are hardly any to try.

Thanks, that's unfortunately what I've been finding too. I guess next time I'm in California I'll have to look up some good places to check things out. I'm sure there are some in LA, and maybe some on the way.

No trouble finding USA Core models at GC's in the Chicagoland area. Two Platinum stores (Central Chicago and Arlington Heights) have various models available. Other stores may have at least one or two models available from what I've seen.

I know it is along way, but if you live in the Phoenix area, you may want to make a drive to Riverside Ca. (located to the east of Los Angeles) and visit Wild West Guitars. They have a large selection of PRS's that you can demo. Maybe combine with a vacation???

I know it is along way, but if you live in the Phoenix area, you may want to make a drive to Riverside Ca. (located to the east of Los Angeles) and visit Wild West Guitars. They have a large selection of PRS's that you can demo. Maybe combine with a vacation???
I mapped some of this stuff out, just for grins, because I know they have a great reputation and it seems relatively close. This is something I would love to do but the logistics hold me back. From my house it would be 650 miles round trip. We're going to do San Diego in late June. Wild West is still a 200 mile round trip. I dunno, the only place I would ever vacation in the LA area is Disneyland since I have kids, that's still almost 100 miles round trip from there.

I mapped some of this stuff out, just for grins, because I know they have a great reputation and it seems relatively close. This is something I would love to do but the logistics hold me back. From my house it would be 650 miles round trip. We're going to do San Diego in late June. Wild West is still a 200 mile round trip. I dunno, the only place I would ever vacation in the LA area is Disneyland since I have kids, that's still almost 100 miles round trip from there.

OK - I have a plan for you. Assuming you take Interstate 10 from Phoenix to Disneyland, Riverside is a town you will pass through. Have you wife drop you off at Wild West for about an hour while she and the kids go get a bite to eat in downtown Riverside. Then they swing by and pick up up and you drive the last hour to Anaheim (Disneyland) (assuming no traffic - a big "assumption"). You will be able to sample as many PRS's as time permits....

Back