New or old - CE 24...

I have been a PRS player since 1988. Still have the first one, an Electric Blue CE-24 Alder Carved top that is my reference tone for all others.
I have 5 others , the newest one is a Dupont Blazing Copper CE24. I have different combos of pickups in all of them ranging from the very consistent HFS/VB to the very rare Chainsaw/VB. I can grab any of them and play tunes from Godsmack to Marvin Gay.
With all that being said, I have played many different newer CE24's since they brought them back. The newer ones seem to be missing the mojo that my older ones have. Not saying they aren't quality instruments but I can feel and hear the tonal shortcomings that can be overcame with USA parts.

In own a 98 CE24 that I am in the process of selling. Not because it is a bad guitar, I just prefer 22 frets. Would love a CE 22 with the same wide thin profile though. I also owned a 21 CE 24 for 2 days. Was not as impressed with it as the older model.

My 98 just feels like a better guitar than my S2’s, but I prefer playing the S2’s because of the 22 frets. It also just felt better than the newer CE I owned. I much preferred the pickups in the newer model though. Of course this is just my opinion. Lots of happy customers with the newer CE. It does have that nice non-glossy neck.

Back