New music suggestions

Do you have the new Joe B. side project? I don't, but I hope to get it sometime soon. I like it on YT.

Lloyd

I want that!

There's a new JB / Beth Hart album on the way soon so i'll be getting that.

Not bought too much new music the past couple of years apart from the afore mentioned Beth Hart and JB albums (Solo and collab). Infact the last albums I bought where Eurythmics Ultimate Collection and the 'new' Hendrix album People, Hell & Angels.

Last edited by a moderator:
On tour with Steve Vai. The tone of that Angelus blew away Steve's Ibanez acoustic. I don't understand why Steve doesn't use better acoustics.

Yeah, sadly I wasn't able to catch this tour, OnRevolute is my favourite album then ACOSSv1 then Shove The Sun Aside....not seen you on his forum in a long time though :D (if you are the same Garret), saying that the DaveWeiner forum is virtually dead with only 3 or 4 regulars and a occasional newb.

To be honest even though I owned many Jems I've never thought Steves tone was great, Dave has always had better tone and even more so since switching to PRS

The new 30 Seconds to Mars album, that will be called 'Love Lust Faith + Dreams' had the fist single get airplay today, and can be downloaded tonight on iTunes. I heard it, and it's huge! Really great song, best vocal performance by Leto so far.

The record was co-produced by Steve Lillywhite and Jared Leto, and here's the coolest thing for me -- my son Jamie was the recording engineer for the album!

He and I are both really stoked over this tune. It's really worth a listen. The single is called "Up In The Air."

Artwork for the single is below.

upintheair-artwork_zps79029f22.png

Best band I've seen in a long time....main influences are Randy Rhoads and Metallica . Both guitarists are classically trained and both played in orchestras . The lead player also plays violin and piano....

Lovin' Red's new release "Release the Panic" and Dark New Day's release of "Hail Mary"!

The new Bowie is really good - doesn't sound like a guy who had a heart attack and fell off the map.

For newer artists, Vintage Trouble (mentioned here before) are still kicking my butt over, under, sideways and down. Awesome band, awesome energy and great presentation. I just saw them last night for the third time since November and second time in 16 days (I'll discuss it more elsewhere). I can only figure that Letterman's audience were all paraplegics this night, because I have no idea how these people stayed in their seats.

Nalle Colt on guitar is the real deal - his tone is awesome. When I saw them last night, he was playing through a rented amp ("rented piece of sh*t" is how he described it to me afterwards), but you'd have never known. Not only did he have his tone, he never went back and fiddled with the amp or showed any sign that he wasn't playing through his normal rig.

Also on the bill last night was a woman named Mieka Pauley. I'm still in the fresh stages with this one - her performance sounded a fair bit different than the CD because she was solo acoustic, but I'm really liking this stuff. A lot of her material has a dark viewpoint, but she has a wicked sense of humor to go with it.

The new Steven Wilson album kicks serious a$$ as well.

Another new Killswitch Engage single was released yesterday. I'm digging the tones, and that more guitar solos are being whipped out already.

I was looking for a bluesy rendition of 'Come Together' and stumbled upon Allen Hinds on iTunes. Berklee graduate and GIT instructor. His 'Falling Up' album came out in 2008 - so not really new - but new to me. Check it out - I likey!
:)

I'm digging Sevendust - Black Out The Sun -which came out today.
Haven't found much new that I've gotten into the last month or so, I've been reverting back to some old stuff recently. Probably pick up the new Clutch album sometime soon.

Not EXACTLY new, but I picked up this DLX version this week and love it.

I was looking for a bluesy rendition of 'Come Together' and stumbled upon Allen Hinds on iTunes. Berklee graduate and GIT instructor. His 'Falling Up' album came out in 2008 - so not really new - but new to me. Check it out - I likey!
:)

Godsmack came out with a pretty good version of Come Together a while back. It's Rock, not Blues, but a very good cover IMO. ...Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPi-MOxR0l4

Last edited:
I'm really loving the new Don Felder CD, "Road To Forever" and the new Joe Walsh CD, "Analog Man". Both came out late last year and both great albums.... Very classic rock - which I like.

I liked the Walsh album - haven't heard the Felder.

I did pick up the latest Halestorm recently, "The Strange Case Of..." and Iron Maiden's "Maiden England '88". The Halestorm is pretty good. I've watched the Maiden DVD but haven't listened to the CDs all the way through.

I enjoyed the first album from City and Colour and they have just released a new single from their upcoming release.

Kvelertak

Do it!

I've also been rocking out to some older Corrosion of Conformity lately. Deliverance and Wiseblood both kick serious behind.

Back