New member, SVN questions here

Ockis23

Hi everyone,

New to the forum, any fellow SVN or 7 string SE owners here replaced their stock bridges with anything else besides a hipshot bridge?

Also has anyone found a good fitting replacement nut?

I have the older 7 string model. You can't go wrong with a well cut bone nut. That's what I have on mine.

Seems like the Hipshot is about the only way to go for a bridge. One of these days I may see if I can get John Mann to sell me a 7 piece set of his saddles and just keep the stock plate.

I have the older 7 string model. You can't go wrong with a well cut bone nut. That's what I have on mine.

Seems like the Hipshot is about the only way to go for a bridge. One of these days I may see if I can get John Mann to sell me a 7 piece set of his saddles and just keep the stock plate.

Right on man, thanks. I have been considering as well, have you noticed any tonal differences with the bone?

Right on man, thanks. I have been considering as well, have you noticed any tonal differences with the bone?

Eh, probably not. Hard plastic seems to work well for a nut, tone-wise. I like bone because it lasts for ages. When I got the guitar (used) the setup was terrible, so I just had the shop start from scratch.

Back