New Knobs Day - aka "Howard Leese mod"

prsrocker1988

So I saw the video of Howard talking about the Fender amp knobs on his PRS's......

So I knew it'd be a great fit for my McCarty with cream P90s.

I was right!

Before (only pic I could find right now):

10nbbjd.jpg

After:

28kh73a.jpg

I'm probably not going to do it to every PRS I have, but it works on this baby!

Very cool...love the sound of soapys but they can be blah aesthetically...that really makes it look "all together!"

Makes you wonder why more knobs don't have a pointer or something that is easy to see where it is set.

Because the guitar manufactures want us all to play like BB King, he doesn't even look at the knobs when he turns them. It's a conspiracy I tell you!

In all seriousness, I like the mod. The pickup covers, tuning pegs, and knobs all match now. The way it SHOULD be.

Thanks guys! I knew the cream knobs would be a color match to the Soaps and I was right.... It certainly fits the vibe way more than the black speed knobs.

I also kinda like the pointer, lets you know where you are volume wise without looking for a number.

Very cool!

I had put the brown version on my SE Akesson last year, and they look and feel great in person!

1085.jpg

1086.jpg

...I can see why Howard uses them too....
In fact, I was thinking about getting some more to try on a few other guitars....

Very cool!

I had put the brown version on my SE Akesson last year, and they look and feel great in person!

1085.jpg

1086.jpg

...I can see why Howard uses them too....
In fact, I was thinking about getting some more to try on a few other guitars....

Nice!

Back