New John McLaughlin Limited PS Run

Will It Chug As Hard As The Price Tag Hits Your Wallet? :)

Cool Guitar...Not Sure It Is A Fit For Me Style Wise But I Can Dig It. Who Doesn't Like A Cool Guitar? That Is A Cool Guitar.

John is one of the reasons that I play guitar…period.

When I first heard “The Inner Mounting Flame” as a teenager in the 1990s, everything that I thought I liked or knew about the electric guitar went out the window. I then went on to try to absorb everything that I could of his music/playing.

I’ve been able to see John play live seven times since discovering him, and it’s always been a magical experience. I’ve also been lucky enough to get to talk to him in person twice, and he’s one of the nicest celebrities I’ve ever met.

Needless to say, this would be a grail guitar for me, but I doubt I’ll ever have the means to justify the cost.

When I first heard “The Inner Mounting Flame” as a teenager in the 1990s, everything that I thought I liked or knew about the electric guitar went out the window. I then went on to try to absorb everything that I could of his music/playing.

I’ve been able to see John play live seven times since discovering him, and it’s always been a magical experience. I’ve also been lucky enough to get to talk to him in person twice, and he’s one of the nicest celebrities I’ve ever met.

Needless to say, this would be a grail guitar for me, but I doubt I’ll ever have the means to justify the cost.
When I was young I also remember him with Al Di Meola and Paco deiLucia "Friday Night in San Francisco". Fantastic

Not being a wise ass but I wonder, is it a Private Stock Paul's Guitar with Celtic Knots or are the pickups different ??
I thought the same when I first got a glimpse of it! It is a huge testament to the Paul's guitar and PRSh to have someone like John reaching for a VERY similar configuration as his sig model!!

He’s truly legend. I first heard him with De Lucia and Di Meola. Than the Mahavishnu Orchestra. I’m intrigued he chose the 408 pickup. I love those pickups, they’re just decidedly non-vintage.

Not being a wise ass but I wonder, is it a Private Stock Paul's Guitar with Celtic Knots or are the pickups different ??
The neck wood (hormigo) and neck finish are different, and pretty unusual; it has high-pass filter switches for the pickups that no other PRS has; and it appears that the pickup magnets may be different. Everything else is the expected PS fare, except that I've heard Celtic knots haven't been available from PS ever since their Collection Series runs several years ago, but that may be out of date info.

I guess that's what's different.

The neck wood (hormigo) and neck finish are different, and pretty unusual; it has high-pass filter switches for the pickups that no other PRS has; and it appears that the pickup magnets may be different. Everything else is the expected PS fare, except that I've heard Celtic knots haven't been available from PS ever since their Collection Series runs several years ago, but that may be out of date info.

I guess that's what's different.
Thanks for clarifying those details! Paul’s Guitar and MEV are a couple favorites in my lineup. I’m sure I would love this model! Little too up there in price for me.

Thanks for clarifying those details! Paul’s Guitar and MEV are a couple favorites in my lineup. I’m sure I would love this model! Little too up there in price for me.
It's similar enough to my 20th Anniversary of PS model that it'd be overkill for me, too. I also need a gloss neck.

I love the idea of the high pass filters, though.

I regularly filter out a bit of the low end on my guitars with an always-on preamp, and an on-when-needed eq pedal that I use to take out more low end and boost the high-mids just a touch. It'd be nice to have that on a guitar when going straight into an amp.

Back