New Ink Day

mezzio

The Force is weak in ^^
My appointment finally came to start filling in my arm (unfortunately I spent my birthday in pain, but so worth it after the healing is done ). Since its my "whatever" arm, we threw in some lovely little birdies

A few years back, I got a piece done of Derek Hess's "Blue Angel",

which the artist absolutely destroyed!

So since we were going to town making things look good, my guy fixed it, and did a damn good job too, lol, now I really don't have much to complain about.

Got one more session to finish filling in with what you see starting on my hand. To get rid of that stupid looking red crap on the angel, we went over it with purple, It looks great IMO, and gave us a cool color to do the birds in, so they should really pop when the rest is done.

Very cool !

I'm getting my first in a few weeks. A tribute to my Mom who recently passed away.

So how many days are you in pain?
thanks

Nice! Welcome to the bird club!

Just trying to be cool like you!!

Cool birds and a great cover-up.

So happy it's fixed, it's kind of like a bad Christmas present, gonna take some time to see the final outcome with all the lines, lol.

Very cool !

I'm getting my first in a few weeks. A tribute to my Mom who recently passed away.

So how many days are you in pain?
thanks

Not really days. It's annoying for a few weeks, the pain wears off within the first day or so... Unless you expose it to sun, then it just feels like the 7 fires of hell, lol. After the pain though, you get the awesome stages of healing; it'll scab up (usually, sometimes the whole thing will, sometimes just sections will, sometimes it won't at all), after a couple days of feeling and looking kinda gross, everything will flake off, and it's like the bites of a million fleas, after that it'll look dry and ugly, then it'll clear up. The itching can last the whole time, just remember going in for multiple touch ups or scaring the tat isn't worth a couple seconds of relief from itching it.

Nice tattoos dude!

A welcome from the King of Birds himself?!

Thanks . Yes he is, can't imagine placing all those birds, it was a heck of a process just placing these to look right, lol.

Just trying to be cool like you!! 

Thanks . Yes he is, can't imagine placing all those birds, it was a heck of a process just placing these to look right, lol.
LOL!
Placement is a pain. Probably the artist's worst nightmare. It's tough looking at everything in a mirror placing each bird. There's a few that are a little off, but I'm ultra picky. I've contemplated doing more.

Something weird going on with the site, I tried to just reply with one quote, and it brings up a quote for every reply in the thread!!

LOL!
Placement is a pain. Probably the artist's worst nightmare. It's tough looking at everything in a mirror placing each bird. There's a few that are a little off, but I'm ultra picky. I've contemplated doing more.

Where do you go for your work?

Having the twist on mine made it ridiculous, but eventually got it. I think it took more time to place the stencil than it did to knock out the outlines.

Something weird going on with the site, I tried to just reply with one quote, and it brings up a quote for every reply in the thread!!

Where do you go for your work?

Having the twist on mine made it ridiculous, but eventually got it. I think it took more time to place the stencil than it did to knock out the outlines.
The bottom ring around my forearm and the biggest bird on the back of my arm I had done by Stripe at Ultimate arts about 9 years ago. I was looking for someone in town who did great portraits which led me to Jesse at Blue Lotus. So he did the portrait of my dad(inside of my bicep) and the bulk of the birds.

Nice... Been trying to get in with Stripe for over a year now for a Darth Vader tattoo I've had in my head for a while. I've been going to Steve at Ultimate for a few years now. There is an artist at Eldritch Brothers I've been considering going to since she has a pretty impressive portfolio, but gotta come up with something cool.

Yeah, it's impossible to get in with him anymore. Well, if you give up(I'm not saying to, I like Stripe a lot), check out Jesse's portfolio at blue lotus, black and grey is his thing.

I'm gonna wait for him, figured since he's a Star Wars nerd like me, he'll make it really cool, lol. I'm going back in on the 19th to finish filling in everything, hopefully he's there so we can figure out a time to get it started.

Back