New Guitar Day - LeSinglecut Paul? Private Stock?

Tahlee

Tollywood Rhode Island
I’ve had my eye on this bad boy for quite some time, and I finally jumped on it. It arrives today, but I thought I’d give you a preview (well, more like some teaser pictures). It is a custom build made in 2007 for Keith Nelson of Buckcherry. This is, in my opinion, the most Gibson Les Paul of a PRS Singlecut that I’ve ever seen. I often get the itch for a Les Paul, but without any malice I must say that I often find them uninspiring. I even had a really high end Ace Frehley Custom Shop and I was just like, meh.

While it’s not a Private Stock, but a custom build for a player at the height of his band’s popularity, I can only assume that it got all the love a Private Stock would get...perhaps even more. I told my wife that I bet Paul even knocked on wood blanks to match the body to the neck. She responded that she thinks I have mental problems.

The Grover tuners and the body bindings are Les Paul all day long. The scalloped horn is the PRS giveaway and the way the they blended the molding into the scallop is pure genius. Whoever did that is a true craftsman, and my hat off to you sir or madam.

56339589-7-F82-4353-AC7-E-8-FB85-F613615.jpg

C76-FAFB0-5-B0-B-4-E7-C-AC08-C191-FC8941-E2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, pictures are coming soon. It should be here in three or four hours, then I need to let the box acclimate indoors before I open it up. It’s only 36 degrees outside today. I used a personal day at work so that I’ll be here when it arrives.

My Double IPA loving 50 year old man body is feeling the absence of a tummy cut. hahahaha

This thing has tone for days. The P90s are super hot played through my HX/DA head (they sound like humbuckers) and the piezo is lush and beautiful through my Grissom head. Two amps at once and I can blend them.

This thing is a beast and a Swiss Army knife of a guitar.

The store owner said that Keith sold him a bunch of his guitars so that he could gather $100,000 to buy a 1959 Gibson Les Paul burst. He did buy the 1959, but I’ll bet he misses this guitar. The guy said that Keith seemed hesitant on this one, and I can see why. It looks like a vintage Les Paul and the bindings have yellowed, like they have somehow aged. I’ve had the luxury of owning some really nice gear and this guitar is top notch. I’m really happy with it. No, I’m over the moon. Yeah, that’s more accurate.

Oh, and I have 21 skull and crossbones tattooed on my body, so this guitar really spoke to me. Also, lots of girls with big boobs tattoos. I like what I like. What can I say? Don’t hate the playa. Hate the game.

Keith, if you are reading this, I’m sorry but I’m going to keep this one. You can’t have it back.

Last edited:
Oh, and I can’t figure out what the fretboard and headstock veneer wood is. The grain is very tight, so I’m thinking either ebony or Brazilian rosewood.

I think it’s ebony.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back