New Elixir HD strings are huge improvement for SE Angelus

Discussion in 'Acoustic Guitars' started by Mycrophone, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Mycrophone

Mycrophone New Member

Hi, I have an SE Angelus Custom. While I love the sustain and tone from the soundbox, I felt that the 12-53 strings I was using (Elixir Nanoweb) somehow could be improved upon but wasn't sure how. I read about the new Elixir HD Nanoweb Lights which put an extra gauge point on the three top strings and thus have 13, 17, 25, 32, 42, 53. I bought the Phosphor Bronze version of the HD Nanowebs and was blown away by the huge improvement - especially on the G string. As if it wasn't good enough already, now it sounds many times better. I have tried both 80/20 bronze and Phosphor Bronze in these new HD strings and find the the PBs definitely give more body and a natural warmth with the rosewood soundbox. (It may be that the 80/20 bronze would be better on the Standard SE Angelus mahogany body - you would need to experiment). Anyway, I wholeheartedly recommend that you try these new strings and see if you concur. I think you will be hugely surprised.

2. packy

packy New Member

Thanks for the info. Been curious about the HD's. Next string change on my SE Angelus Custom will be these guys.

3. kranch25

kranch25 New Member

Have used Elixer Nanowebs on all of my acoustics for sometime. Went to the HD lights last string change, and absolutely love them.