New Bernie Owner....Mods are in the works.

Beautiful guitar and a fantatsic guide on how to etch and install the covers. Vinyl headstock overlays are real easy to do.

Check out
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/se-headstock-mod-fun-times-with-vinyl.48168/

This guitar and the guide made me want a 3rd Bernie so I went and found one on reverb - only for the seller to back out once I'd paid for it. I did however still end up a new/old singlecut SE (2011 - Ebony fingerboard) should be here on wednesday

Last edited:
Beautiful guitar and a fantatsic guide on how to etch and install the covers. Vinyl headstock overlays are real easy to do.

Check out
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/se-headstock-mod-fun-times-with-vinyl.48168/

This guitar and the guide made me want a 3rd Bernie so I went and found one on reverb - only for the seller to back out once I'd paid for it. I did however still end up a new/old singlecut SE (2011 - Ebony fingerboard) should be here on wednesday

Bummer about the seller! Congrats on the SE Singlecut.

Check out

wow....need to see that SC when it shows up..... sorry about the seller on the Bernie....Prior to this one, I found one on reverb or Craigslist, but only local pickup...so he wasn't willing to ship. Bummer.

I believe the SE's with non adjustable wrap tail bridges are set up to use 9's instead of 10's.
I've got an SE 245 and SE Custom 22 semi hollow with wrap tail bridges.
Tried going to 10's, ended up going back to 9's.

I believe the SE's with non adjustable wrap tail bridges are set up to use 9's instead of 10's.
I've got an SE 245 and SE Custom 22 semi hollow with wrap tail bridges.
Tried going to 10's, ended up going back to 9's.

Most SE's are shipped with 9's however the Bernie's were fitted with 10 per Bernie's request.

Most SE's are shipped with 9's however the Bernie's were fitted with 10 per Bernie's request.
Thanks....I was just referring to specs, info I had seen on SE vs Core models.
I'd never seen any info on Bernie models as they're kind of unusual.
What I'd seen was general statement.

Thanks....I was just referring to specs, info I had seen on SE vs Core models.
I'd never seen any info on Bernie models as they're kind of unusual.
What I'd seen was general statement.

No worries. One of the support web pages used to carry the information but I don't think it's there anymore.

on this string gauge, its very likely those were 9s on my Bernie when I got her....I did switch over to 10s after I put the covers on and I did notice that nut had a little resistance to the low E-A set(.46-.36). Last few nights, I had to re-tune the lower strings after some wide bends...so maybe they are getting hung up on the nut.

I might try gently-ever-so lightly the file those slots a bit....other wise...a replacement nut is in the near future..

Back