New Ashy Guitar Day

OsirisProtocol

10 o'Clubs
Soooo.... This followed me home from work today.

Excuse the terrible camera phone pics. I'll post better ones once I can put it down long enough.

It's a feather weight compared to my other guitars. I actually thought there was just a case in the box when I pulled it off of the shelf haha. The neck is fat and super comfortable and the maple finger board is definitely different for me on a PRS but I gotta say I really dig how this thing feels. I'm planning to order a set of Phase II tuners (easier to get along with than the Phase I tuners for me), a set of John Mann unplatted brass saddles and Schaller straplocks for it. I dig the stock pickups but I haven't spent a lot of time with the guitar plugged in so I may swap out the humbuckers for a set of Dimarzio Virtual PAF's that I have laying around. The middle pickup has yet to be chosen but I'll cross that bridge if I end up swapping them out. Once I get the new parts I'll set her up with 11's and I'll have a new member to my gigging crew.

Yeah buddy!!!!!

Is that gold? patiently awaiting your tuners for sale thread elsewhere :p

Congrats. The SAS body, maple neck and neck pup are one of my all-time combinations.

Love it! I've been on the hunt for a SAS for some time. I want one with flamed neck, maple fretboard, trem, and Birds. (They're not all that common...) I'm gonna slap a Duncan EVH in the bridge and rock my face off.

To give my face a break from melting, I'm totally going to rip off HippieTim and get a Stars and Stripes paint job. Then, face melting can resume. :beer:

Nice! I spotted either this guitar or its twin on one of those auction/sell sites a couple of weeks ago. I was tempted, but I was hankering for a new amp more (and scratched that itch with a new Archon!), and I want birds on whatever SAS I get myself - yeah, it's a small superficial thing, but I like the birds...

But love that transparent blue!

Congrats! Looks great. Did you add the Forum TRC or did it come with it?

I added the cover. I snagged two awhile back. I actually have to hunt down another soon as I have one last guitar to add to my PRS collection before I can say it's complete and it definitely needs a forum TRC

Oddly enough I haven't owned any PRSi with birds yet. I think I'll definitely try to find a Hollowbody with birds when I can swing it. I'm really happy with my guitars now and it's been years since I could say that about everything I own. I want to add a Hollowbody (my absolute dream PRS) and another non PRS guitar I have been watching for quite some time and I'm pretty much solid for my electrics.

I added the cover. I snagged two awhile back. I actually have to hunt down another soon as I have one last guitar to add to my PRS collection before I can say it's complete and it definitely needs a forum TRC

Maybe we can start a campaign to get another run of the TRCs? I would love to have a bunch.

Oddly enough I haven't owned any PRSi with birds yet. I think I'll definitely try to find a Hollowbody with birds when I can swing it. I'm really happy with my guitars now and it's been years since I could say that about everything I own. I want to add a Hollowbody (my absolute dream PRS) and another non PRS guitar I have been watching for quite some time and I'm pretty much solid for my electrics.

And yeah, you will love a Hollowbody - that is my main gigging guitar, it does everything I need it to. Eventually I'd love to snag a P24 Semi-hollow (or full hollowbody), but the only one I've seen was well outside my budgetary comfort zone!

Back