Need help with S2 Tremolo bridge set up

$200? That’s not bad. You’re getting a high quality direct fit product that’s not only made in America but it’s designed and made by the MAN who machines the original tremolos for PRS. I know it’s a subjective and a lot to do with the player and their wants, but to me it’s the best bang for your buck.

I can tell a difference between MannMade and the S2/SE bridges big time! S2/SE is not junk, but the Mann's are awesome!

Dropped it off with the tech yesterday. It's getting a full set up, and the bridge blocked for dive only, and Drop-D capabilities. I'm also having it re-wired with higher quality pots, pickup switch, wiring, and a Duncan Custom in the bridge & a '59 in the neck. It's going to be a sick guitar!
00u0u_lQVU0HTOY83_600x450.jpg

Please let us know how it sounds afterwards. I'm looking at having the SS Custom 5 and Jazz.

But the posts above made me think of doing the bridge first.

Considering PRS sells the SE molded trem for $99 I would say $150 would be way under priced for the Mannmade bridge. $250 definitely isn’t cheap but you’re getting an extremely high quality one piece brass trem from the original maker of the PRS trem so I’ll just say in my opinion it’s money well spent on a significant upgrade.

Yeah, $250 is kinda crazy, if you ask me. I think it's about $100 overpriced.
Somethings you shouldn’t put a price on. The level of quality between the two is worth it. It’s not an upgrade, it’s a tonal change. More sustain, you get more of a resonance in the guitar itself. It’s a joy to play through an amp or unplugged. I love it.

Somethings you shouldn’t put a price on. The level of quality between the two is worth it. It’s not an upgrade, it’s a tonal change. More sustain, you get more of a resonance in the guitar itself. It’s a joy to play through an amp or unplugged. I love it.

Totally agree.

Back