Neck profile question

Muziqman

How have neck profiles changed over the years ? Specifically the Wide Fat and Wide Thin from the early 2000s. I'm looking at a 2005 Cu22 with a Stoptail and a Wide Fat neck. I'd like to find a Cu24 with a Stoptail in my budget but its just not happening... So. how would a 2005 Wide Fat neck compare to say a current Pattern Thin that I have played ?

How have neck profiles changed over the years ? Specifically the Wide Fat and Wide Thin from the early 2000s. I'm looking at a 2005 Cu22 with a Stoptail and a Wide Fat neck. I'd like to find a Cu24 with a Stoptail in my budget but its just not happening... So. how would a 2005 Wide Fat neck compare to say a current Pattern Thin that I have played ?
I would think you'd be happy with a Pattern Regular.

I’m fairly agnostic about carve, but there’s a noted difference between Wide Thing and Wide Fat (those were the carves available for those guitars back then) for most people. Both carves are on my living room wall and I enjoy each equally. But you should find an SE model with a WF neck for comparison and not demo something similar. If it’s an important feature to you, be certain before buying.

Wide fat is 1/32" deeper front to back so it is rounder and fuller feeling kinda like comparing a Gibson 58/59 carve to a 60s carve

Back