NDD!

John Beef

Opaque
We've been looking for a new dog for a good year or so now. We adopted a rescue Labrador in 2003 and wanted to do the same again. However, the Lab rescue has become more competitive and we've had a few dogs that we thought were right for us end up going to someone else for whatever reason.

Not the case here! I saw Charlie Saturday morning and called about him, went over to the foster's house and met him, and we brought him home Sunday. He's one year old, very mellow for his age, and immediately loved my 6 and 2 year old daughters.

Charlie.jpg

Handsome yellow lab. Congratulations.

I got a Yellow Lab puppy about twenty years ago and it lived well for 14 years. She was beautiful, peaceful, loyal, and all the greatest things you can say about a lab. She was an expert swimmer and would plunge thru the ocean's breaking waves to fetch a tennis ball or stick. I loved that dog. She was very similar in color and appearance to yours.

We have three Labs now, all black. One pure bred female and one pure bred male. Our youngest is the daughter of our female and is one half pure bred Lab and one half pure bred Newfoundland. She is big and awesome. Very smart, alert, and loving, plus beautiful as can be. I had two different Newfoundlands, both pure bred. One weighed more than me. Both were sweet and peaceful.

Good luck with your new dog.

Congrats! Charlie is a good lookin' pup! I'm sure he'll love his new home, he looks content!

Thanks, everyone! He is adjusting to us and we're adjusting to him, it's going very well. My kids love him, he's is endlessly entertaining to them. My 6 year old, instead of saying "Can I watch TV?" is now saying "Can I go outside and play fetch with Charlie?" That in itself is worth it.

Handsome devil that guy. Spot on for adapting and giving a this guy a good home.

Thanks, everyone! He is adjusting to us and we're adjusting to him, it's going very well. My kids love him, he's is endlessly entertaining to them. My 6 year old, instead of saying "Can I watch TV?" is now saying "Can I go outside and play fetch with Charlie?" That in itself is worth it.
Yeah, labs and retrievers will watch to play fetch FOREVER. They never seem to get tired of it!

Back