NASED!

dmatthews

Dave's not here
Betcha haven't seem that acronym before. :D
Anyway, it's New Attenuator Speaker Emulator Day!
Found an absolutely screaming deal on a used Rivera RockCrusher Recording device.
I've been wanting a way to record the whole band with my guitar being silent in the room but heard with faithful amp tone reproduction in everyone's headphones.
This device lives in-between the amp and the speaker and allows you to get your particular amp tone but at reduced or even zero loudness from the speaker. I've only just begun to dial it in but so far I'm very impressed. The 11 band EQ is the killer app!

Lots of controls and connections to tailor and shape your sound to the recording interface.
The idea is to use this as a basic track and then use a mic on the speaker for a second track for double tracking my part. I think this is it.

Nice grab, I haven't used mine to record direct yet but I can jam in the living room now.

Varah naahs! I'm a big Rivera fan, although I've never heard that one. I'm highly tempted to get their recording head that I've seen, but my fort runneth over, so...not just now...
Is your use case more for the loadbox/attenuator, or for recording... or both?
Yeah, because this one is designed specifically for recording, they also have others for attenuating and such.

Back