Question about a Fender Blues Deluxe amp if it's ok here?

Foggy1

I was wondering if any of you had any experience with them, I'm looking into a newer one that says it has an upgraded Eminence special design speaker. (Not sure what kind yet)

I only play at home and have My PRS se 594 a Tele and a Strat. I play through a Marshall DSL 40C with a creamback. Have a small pedalboard and mainly use a transparent overdrive and a delay.

I used to have a blues jr and sold it for a Princeton re-issue. I miss the Fender sound and wanted something larger than the Blues jr, but don't need a Deluxe Reverb.

Am I on the right track?

Last edited:
The Blues Deluxe is a 40 watt amp. The Deluxe Reverb is a 22 watt amp. Both can get pretty loud.

But if you don't need the "volume" of a Deluxe Reverb the Blues Deluxe might be even more of what you don't need.

The Deluxe Reverb is one of my very favorite amps.

No master volume but great reverb and tremolo, and the classic 60's Fender sound.

I don't remember the Blues Deluxe having a master volume either. Does it?

It does have an effects loop and a normal Deluxe Reverb doesn't.

The Blues Deluxe is thought by some to have no in-between volumes and to get too loud very quickly with just a nudge from 1 to 2 on the volume control.

Might as well say that I'm not a fan of Eminence speakers. Just never liked the sound of any that I've owned.

I prefer Celestions. More personality.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, The Blues Deluxe does have a master volume, I was just looking at the price difference between it and the Deluxe Reverb. My Marshall is 40-watt also, but sounds decent at lower volumes, and it will crank every now and then when the wife goes to the store lol

The Blues Jr and Princeton just didn't have enough power when I wanted it. I've read about the volume and speaker issues and not sure If they're still a problem or not.

Thanks.

Leaning toward the 65 DRRI over the Blues Deluxe again. Gotta find a good used one though, the new ones are $500 more than they were just a few years ago.

I am a big fan of Fender amps. I have a few of them. The amp I have been gigging for about 8 years now is a custom built amp that is a modified Vibrolux Reverb circuit. It kicks butt. The warm clean sound of it instantly sold me on it. I heard one in the shop local to me and immediately wanted it. The guy that builds them lives about a half hour drive away from me. The brand is Marsh. The local shop here sells them. If anything ever goes wrong with it, I can easily get the guy that built it to fix it. I have played quite a few gigs with it.

Ok, I ended up ordering the DRRI demo yesterday, with a Jenson P12Q. I hope that one will do it for me, I can't wait to hear my PRS through it.

Thanks again for the info Lew.

As a platform for pedals and reasonable volumes, it's hard to go wrong with a Deluxe Reverb. Classic blackface tones and the bigger brother of the Princeton. The Blues Deluxe is a modified tweed.

I've been tempted lately to get the Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb so I can ditch tubes...

I am a big fan of Fender amps. I have a few of them. The amp I have been gigging for about 8 years now is a custom built amp that is a modified Vibrolux Reverb circuit. It kicks butt. The warm clean sound of it instantly sold me on it. I heard one in the shop local to me and immediately wanted it. The guy that builds them lives about a half hour drive away from me. The brand is Marsh. The local shop here sells them. If anything ever goes wrong with it, I can easily get the guy that built it to fix it. I have played quite a few gigs with it.
Very nice, glad that they work for you. All I have is the new DRRI and a newer Marshall DSL 40, but that's All I need for home.

As a platform for pedals and reasonable volumes, it's hard to go wrong with a Deluxe Reverb. Classic blackface tones and the bigger brother of the Princeton. The Blues Deluxe is a modified tweed.

I've been tempted lately to get the Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb so I can ditch tubes...
Thanks,. I wonder how those tone masters sound compared to the tube amp?

Very nice, glad that they work for you. All I have is the new DRRI and a newer Marshall DSL 40, but that's All I need for home.
I am a fan of the Marshall DLS 40. I have looked at them a few times but honestly I don't need any more amps. I have way too many now and really need to sell some.

I am a fan of the Marshall DLS 40. I have looked at them a few times but honestly I don't need any more amps. I have way too many now and really need to sell some.
They are really good for the new Marshalls, I don't know what the stock speaker sounds like because mine came with a Celestion cream back. I just needed that Fender tone to go with it! :)

JMO.

Last edited:
if that is the sound you want then check out a Louis Electric Columbia Reverb. it is sooo much better of an amp. everything that is good about the fenders is maintained and every weakness is fixed.

They are actually pretty close….
This. I have a tone master deluxe reverb. The cream colored one. I was very pleased and loved the low wattage options for at home use. Perfect for nice cleans and some lil dirt. Clearly not the one for high gains

if that is the sound you want then check out a Louis Electric Columbia Reverb. it is sooo much better of an amp. everything that is good about the fenders is maintained and every weakness is fixed.
Lou Rosano is an amazing amp builder & designer… If I was looking for that sound, The Columbia Reverb is what I would buy…

Back