NAD 50W hxda

Davey

Just Jammin'
Just arrived in all its paisley goodness
Going to run it thru its motions, try out some Winged C's and Siemens and see what works the best for me.

51734471215_0775359e70_b.jpg

Right at home with the 30W just below
I may decide to let one go, but I will take some to get to know this 50 first.

51733582456_ffc592a206_b.jpg

Awesomeness! Both are sweet looking amps. I keep telling myself I should sell one, but no luck in convincing the inner tone soul of that. :) It’s my burden to bear… and they’re both 50s here, so I don’t even have that excuse!

Enjoy it, bro. They are truly, truly special amps.

Just arrived in all its paisley goodness
Going to run it thru its motions, try out some Winged C's and Siemens and see what works the best for me.

51734471215_0775359e70_b.jpg

Right at home with the 30W just below
I may decide to let one go, but I will take some to get to know this 50 first.

51733582456_ffc592a206_b.jpg
Definitely the color combination, and that face plate is a 10

When I was but a wee lad, I remember getting a particular toy that I loved and telling my mother that I wanted another one. The following conversation ensued:

"Momma, I love my (insert random toy name here) so much that I want another one. Will you get me one please momma? (I was young. Not good at punctiation yet)

"Little DTR, there is a very important lesson that you have to learn. You should never have two of anything until everybody that wants one has at least one."

"But why, Momma? If that's what I want for my birthday, why can't I have another one?"

"Because, Little DTR, it's not fair that you should have two of something and someone else who wants one not have any. What if they want one for Christmas and when Santa goes to the store, they are out because you just got the last one. Now you have two, and that pore little boy (my spelling was also suspect with I was 3) won't have any! That is not fair to them that you have two and they have none."

"But Momma, Ricky Bobby said If you're not first, you're last. I wanna be first, Momma."

"Save that for the baseball field, DTR, this is real life, where everybody should have whatever they want and nobody should go without. Besides, Ricky Bobby hasn't been born yet!"

"Momma, is this why Daddy calls you a democrat?"

"That's it, Little DTR, I'm taking 45% of your allowance and sending it to the kids in China."

(This dramatization is based on real life events, but may have been embellished to better fit the guitar forum format and objective of the story teller. No actual democrats were harmed in the making up of this story)

The moral of this story is clearly that there are some people who's parents failed to teach them this valuable lesson. So here's a thought for those of you who believe that hoarding HX/DA's while others in need have none, is a cool thing to do. If this type of behavior continues, I may be forced to start hoarding all the NF3's so you can't have one.

I know... harsh! But sometimes you have to get smacked really hard with a dose of the real, in order to understand that your actions have consequences on others. And it's about time y'all listen to my momma!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 HXDAs and no NF3s… the world is in balance.

I completely intend to upset said balance, but at the moment, there are no tremors in the Force pending.

I've asked myself whether on my deathbed I will think I didn't have enough guitars/amps, or didn't have enough sex.

"Got an answer yet?"

"Not really."

Awesomeness! Both are sweet looking amps. I keep telling myself I should sell one, but no luck in convincing the inner tone soul of that. :) It’s my burden to bear… and they’re both 50s here, so I don’t even have that excuse!

Enjoy it, bro. They are truly, truly special amps.

Absolutely agree Rick. I wouldnt have nabbed a 2nd one if I didnt think they were special. I did my best to wait an agonizing few days after the link was posted here before I acted. How can you say no to that paisley?

When I was but a wee lad, I remember getting a particular toy that I loved and telling my mother that I wanted another one. The following conversation ensued:

"Momma, I love my (insert random toy name here) so much that I want another one. Will you get me one please momma? (I was young. Not good at punctiation yet)

"Little DTR, there is a very important lesson that you have to learn. You should never have two of anything until everybody that wants one has at least one."

"But why, Momma? If that's what I want for my birthday, why can't I have another one?"

"Because, Little DTR, it's not fair that you should have two of something and someone else who wants one not have any. What if they want one for Christmas and when Santa goes to the store, they are out because you just got the last one. Now you have two, and that pore little boy (my spelling was also suspect with I was 3) won't have any! That is not fair to them that you have two and they have none."

"But Momma, Ricky Bobby said If you're not first, you're last. I wanna be first, Momma."

"Save that for the baseball field, DTR, this is real life, where everybody should have whatever they want and nobody should go without. Besides, Ricky Bobby hasn't been born yet!"

"Momma, is this why Daddy calls you a democrat?"

"That's it, Little DTR, I'm taking 45% of your allowance and sending it to the kids in China."

(This dramatization is based on real life events, but may have been embellished to better fit the guitar forum format and objective of the story teller. No actual democrats were harmed in the making up of this story)

The moral of this story is clearly that there are some people who's parents failed to teach them this valuable lesson. So here's a thought for those of you who believe that hoarding HX/DA's while others in need have none, is a cool thing to do. If this type of behavior continues, I may be forced to start hoarding all the NF3's so you can't have one.

I know... harsh! But sometimes you have to get smacked really hard with a dose of the real, in order to understand that your actions have consequences on others. And it's about time y'all listen to my momma!

My parents didnt have time to teach me anything as they adopted me out to a pack of raccoons when I was a young varmint.
My racoon family instilled the ways of immediate gratification. Survival of the fittest and to take whatever I could get before the other varmints got a chance.
So you see its not my fault. I suffer from hereditary racoon "Scavengeritis" which is also brought on by PRS forum Enablers. ;)

Absolutely agree Rick. I wouldnt have nabbed a 2nd one if I didnt think they were special. I did my best to wait an agonizing few days after the link was posted here before I acted. How can you say no to that paisley?

My parents didnt have time to teach me anything as they adopted me out to a pack of raccoons when I was a young varmint.
My racoon family instilled the ways of immediate gratification. Survival of the fittest and to take whatever I could get before the other varmints got a chance.
So you see its not my fault. I suffer from hereditary racoon "Scavengeritis" which is also brought on by PRS forum Enablers. ;)
Ha, I had it ALL wrong!

Back