Mystery message in Pickup Cavity - Can Anybody help solve it?

Mystery is a good thing! Still, you should shoot this to the factory PTC so they can run it up the line. I'm sure a whole company internal email would illicit a response. Some of those guys have been there a long time.

I think it is 100k, not look. 100k as in 100,000. Might be intended to document a value of resistance in ohms. Could it be a statement of the value for a volume or tone pot? Seems too low for that. Just a guess.

I wonder if it is 10 OK or LO OK. you often see this, like a QC step is passed. Maybe it was employee #10, or a name like Larry Oldman (LO)? This has been a very interesting thread.

How do they scan those art pieces so that it reveals what is under the top layer of paint? That would be cost effective.
Seriously though, I doubt it has any significance past whatever someone needed to communicate that day. I bet the person who wrote the note doesn’t even remember why.

Well, that was an interesting movie that fell flat for the ending..

The next serial number made has a peice of tape under the pickup that reads "ITS".

The previous one has a peice of tape under the pickup that reads "HEY". Hee hee...

maxresdefault.jpg

Back