My Upgraded SE 24 35th Anniversary

teratotality

Woman of particular taste
Hiya! I'm new to the forum and thought I would post a few pictures of my upgraded SE Custom 24 35th Anniversary.

Upgrades:
  • Tusq XL nut
  • Grover Mini Rotomatic locking tuners
  • Real mother of pearl buttons from crazyparts.de
  • Mann Made NOS2000 black/gold tremolo
That's it thus far. I plan on replacing the pickup rings with black ones so its more muted. And everything the strings touch is gold. Figured it would look nice on the black gold burst. Still having decided on the knobs and switch cover though, but I plan on changing them out as well. This guitar ended up being more of a project-y guitar so I may end up doing more things to it, but no idea what haha.

K3VezLp.jpg

gwclQeO.jpg

JBGnNHr.jpg

Just cleaned the fret board and polished the frets today after I fixed the nut. It was too tall so I finally took the time to sand it down properly.

I would love to see others SE upgrades!

Also have a custom 22 semi-hollow I'll have to post in another thread as its so very pretty :)

Bye bye for now!

Thanks! The S2 is really nice too. I really like the way the pickups sound on that one.

I'll have to look into the lampshades, is a solid suggestion I think, so thanks for that!

Nice! The Mann Made is a giant upgrade! I'm on the fence about dark v. light pickup rings. They can be *too* subtle sometimes.
True that. For this guitar though, I think the black rings with gold hardware will be a nice touch. Basically trying to get rid of everything that is silver or not black/gold. Gotta deal with those switches at some point too.

True that. For this guitar though, I think the black rings with gold hardware will be a nice touch. Basically trying to get rid of everything that is silver or not black/gold. Gotta deal with those switches at some point too.

Allparts make black chrome mini toggles.

Black chrome metal rings might look nice as well.

Good luck with the mods.

Your new bridge looks like it’s black chrome, I may be wrong.

The Allparts toggles might match quite nicely.
Yup, its black chrome. I wanted it as close to black as I could get with gold saddles. That way everything the strings touch is gold. Hmm, do they make gold strings? That'd be fun and totally unnecessary haha

Yup, its black chrome. I wanted it as close to black as I could get with gold saddles. That way everything the strings touch is gold. Hmm, do they make gold strings? That'd be fun and totally unnecessary haha

I believe so, I think Brian May might use them.

A quick check on line, yes they are 24 carat strings.

Well his signature strings anyway.

I believe so, I think Brian May might use them.

A quick check on line, yes they are 24 carat strings.

Well his signature strings anyway.
Hmm, yeah. They are pricey for strings though. Might be something fun to try out once or twice but I couldn't be bothered to spend the cost of 3-4 sets of strings haha.

Hmm, yeah. They are pricey for strings though. Might be something fun to try out once or twice but I couldn't be bothered to spend the cost of 3-4 sets of strings haha.

Absolutely, I think I’ll stick my usual brand.

Although I’m sure Sir Brian gets them at a discount;)

Back