My only complaint with my 1st PRS

dazco

And believe me, I'm really not complaining because as much as i love my sanatana SE i'd put up with much more than this. But i wanted to see if anyone else who's had an SE for a while has notice the neck moved a lot when new and if it settled down much over time? Mine goes between what i consider minimal relief, nearly straight, and what the max any manufaturer would ever call for (probably .015") on a several day cycle. It will move from one end of that specturm and back again once or twice a week. I've had many guitars that do this but usually not as regularly. So i wanted to see if SE owners who've had thiers for a while have seen that change for the better and if so how long it took. Weather isn't it, as my others haven't been affected like this. Thanks.

My necks don't typically move much unless I tune them differently. Mostly on a wide thin, where going from standard to half step down changes the relief quite a bit.

Your issue may have to do with your environment. Humidity, temperature. The neck may need sometime to acclimate and settle down, though that could take a while.

Your issue may have to do with your environment. Humidity, temperature. The neck may need sometime to acclimate and settle down, though that could take a while.

Well, yes, it absolutely is. But it just moves more often than most guitars i've had. I HAVE had others like this but typically only probably 1 out of 8 or 10.

Other than a slight adjustment on my SE CU24 to my liking, none of the others have moved at all. We will see what happens when it gets really hot and muggy this summer in South Texas. ENJOY!!!

i have not experienced violent neck movement either

LOL! Well, not sure i'd call it violent ! Most new guitars i have owned do the same, just not nearly so often. Maybe it will settle soon, we'll see. Could also be when i bought it it might have been very fresh from the factory. Many guitars sit in warehouses then sit on a showroom floor for a time, etc etc. Some may make it to a customer's hands much sooner than others. So maybe it's just still having growing pains. I would live with it even if it stayed like this permanently because i can't even find words to describe how much i love this thing ! I'm still stumped how such a fat/full sounding guitar can cut thru the mix better than anything i've ever owned, even a bright ash/maple tele no less! It's truly magic.

So great that you found a winner - I wouldn't worry. I once had a Rick that took a while to settle. After I went all PRS, I sold it to a buddy, and he still has it, says the neck hasn't had to be adjusted in years.

Yeah, they usually do settle. But when you buy PRS, you never really have to settle. :D Wow..... i think i'm becoming what them young whippersnappers today call a "fanboy" ! :laugh:

Back