My band Hard To Port opening for Mairead Nesbitt (ex Celtic Woman)

shinksma

What? I get a title?
Hey folks,

My band, Hard To Port, had the pleasure of being the opening band for Máiréad Nesbitt a week ago, at the Ormond Beach Performing Arts Center. Máiréad is a former (and founding) Celtic Woman member. More info here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Máiréad_Nesbitt

We played three traditional tunes/songs: Coleman's March into Dans En Dro, and Spancil Hill (with a bit of "Brenda Stubbert's Reel" mixed in); and three originals: Sign of the Crescent Moon, Pirate's Revenge, and Gypsy Once Again.

I have video of our 25 min set, from a fixed position, and I intend to get it edited down for a few good songs to publish on the YouTube thingy sooner or later.

But for now, here are a few shots we gathered:

The view from the stage during set-up. I played mandolin and that awesome P245SH! The acoustic guitar belongs to the other guitarist. (I had my Starla as backup.)

f9ZUDys.jpg

This was taken right after the curtain rose. Yes, they had a real curtain!

SrUZGMI.jpg

And here we are back stage with Máiréad (she's the one in all-white). She is tiny! That's my wife standing beside her, and I'm right behind her (only one looking at this camera!)

3MOTZiE.jpg

It was a huge thrill, our performance high lasted all weekend long! I think we played very well, nice and tight, no flubs. My rock'n'roll guitar lead during one of our originals (Pirate's) came out pretty good - I usually improvise, but I did a little bit of planning to make sure it has some basic structure for once.

Nice one Shinksma! Great photos.
Thanks! I'm trying to find friends that may have been in the audience that took good photos from that point of view, but mostly they took video with their phones, which does not optimize for individual images...

Bangin’!
I am honored to have received such a comment!

I was gonna say something about being thrilled to get a bangin' from you, but that didn't scan quite so well...

Thanks! I'm trying to find friends that may have been in the audience that took good photos from that point of view, but mostly they took video with their phones, which does not optimize for individual images...

I was gonna say something about being thrilled to get a bangin' from you, but that didn't scan quite so well...

There’s quite a few that would accept one! Haha

That's also a great band name, love it

..never trust an irish woman, of a certain age, wearing a wedding dress ;)

There’s quite a few that would accept one! Haha

Word. He didn’t even say sh!t about me Bangin’! his wife in the bass thread.... and it was a pleasure to do so.

Too cool! I recognize that P245SH!!!!!!
Indeed you should! It is my go-to axe for gigging! I do try to use different guitars for practice, but when I play out, I really like/need the piezo/mag versatility, and I want to know exactly where all the controls are, surprises on the fly are no fun...

Back