Hard To Port - Walk Into Hell - official video!

shinksma

What? I get a title?
My band, Hard To Port, recorded a video over the Memorial Day Weekend for one of our older songs, "Walk Into Hell". The topic of the song was quite apropos for that weekend.

We actually went into the studio back in April (-ish) and re-recorded the song for the video, rather than use the original studio recording, because a lyric or two had changed over the years, we now play it differently (a lot more rock'n'roll textures in there now), and different people play different things now - e.g. my wife on bass on the new recording, whereas it was a guest musician on the original. Re-recording also gave me a chance to develop specific lead breaks, vs the total improv of the original. Having repeatable leads helps when faking it for the video...

Oh, and featuring my P245SH and my wife on her EB-4. I do all the electric guitar work on the track.

So, please enjoy!

Thanks everyone (so far)!

The video was fun to make. We had originally planned to rope in some local college kids at FullSail to film it, as they could use it as a project, etc, but we decided to try it ourselves, and with careful editing you can get a pretty good looking video.

There was a video released recently by an artist/band almost everyone here would recognize (I won't say who, because I really don't want to sound like I'm truly dissing that person/band). The video was derivative in content, poorly edited (IMHO), and repetitive in scene material. It may have had a slicker feel to it, but I really didn't think it was all that well put together. I feel quite proud of what we did on our shoestring budget. (Cost us a couple of bottles of whsk(e)y for our actor friends.)

Great job Steve and crew! I agree that the video production looks really good for shoestring budget. I might have gone a bit grainier in the post production processing considering the black and white/old school look you seemed to be going for, but very well done either way!!! Keep 'em comin'!

MW

Great job Steve and crew! I agree that the video production looks really good for shoestring budget. I might have gone a bit grainier in the post production processing considering the black and white/old school look you seemed to be going for, but very well done either way!!! Keep 'em comin'!

MW
Thanks for the comments!

Regarding film grain: In the rough cut I made, I did just that - added grain. But this was a different bandmate's pet project, so I didn't push it.

Back