My 1st PS.. An initiation into the Blood Brothers.

JustRob

Zombie Six, DFZ
We got started with a journey to the factory for a little reconnaissance. Had a nice lunch with Mr. Shawn Nuthall, the legend behind PS Friday.

That evening we were fortunate enough to dine with the Private Stock team, Paul & Tina, with PRSh stopping by for appetizers.

Being Blood Brothers, we enjoyed the humid night tempered only by a breeze from the bay until midnight. Well after the lights went out and all the staff went home.

20150727_225450_zpso6kpqoui.jpg

The following morning at The Vault, it was time for business.

I won't share the secrets of any other Brothers build, but here are mine.

My top:

20150728_122858_zpsockdrtfr.jpg

Another shot, with fretboard:

robtop2_zpsgujkiz4a.jpg

And my headstock veneer, personally scrounged by Paul Miles, to match well with the top:

PRSBriansGuitars-104_zpsmrmfmp7f.jpg

Thanks to Tina, Paul, Brian, Markie (for the loan of JustSteve on this build) and the Blood Brothers for making this such a great experience.

PRSBriansGuitars-114_zpssy0twdny.jpg

And thanks to Eric, Brian's friend you don't see, behind the camera.

Last edited:
Amazing quilt top...can't wait to see how it all comes together. Congrats to you Rob (and your other blood brothers...).

Amazing quilt top...can't wait to see how it all comes together. Congrats to you Rob (and your other blood brothers...).

I saw some straight up "Tosca Quilts" in The Vault when we went. Everything was nasty. Seriously. Best trip ever.

Thank YOU Rob!
Absolutely killer set you picked out. The top and neck are completely bonkers! I hope you guys had a great time and I look forward to seeing this one!

IMG_0879.jpg

It was an awesome trip! Can't wait to see these come together. JFB, no joke, brother. The amount of spectacular quilt blew me away away. Rob, your top was in my top 3 wicked quilts of the day. There's that one though that pulls, you in, right?

It was an awesome trip! Can't wait to see these come together. JFB, no joke, brother. The amount of spectacular quilt blew me away away. Rob, your top was in my top 3 wicked quilts of the day. There's that one though that pulls, you in, right?

So many quilts. Saw some pictures today of tops Brian picked out of what we left behind and some of those had me 2nd guessing my decision for a minute. It was like you couldn't go wrong.

Thanks for the pic Brian. And I think my Quilted Brian veneer rules!

Rob, grand slam! Totally insane quilt. Anxious to see the finish selection. :rock:

Awesome! I am so glad that this finally got done. Great guys and (future) great guitars. I can't wait to see how all these awesome guitars turn out.

Hey! I bought my used PRS from Brian's Guitars in Hamden. My sales guy had a sleeve of tattoo's and was wildly helpful and super nice. Just a great buying experience. I have to say that I have never seen such amazing guitars as in this store. One guitar was a quilt top in faded blue with little shades of pink in it, just like what my pool looks like at sunset. No, I am not a schill, just a very satisfied customer. Will be back for more.

How very awesome!

And you know what's better than the guitars, and the tops?

That I recognize my friends in that room! Huge thumbs up!

Back