Music Rooms/Guitar Displays

Being inspired by Bodia’s posting of the art in his studio, and having a slow day, I took some pics of the stuff in mine. Here’s what’s here. Please forgive the many reflections on the glass, I’m just not a very good art photographer!

This is an original watercolor by my brother, Robert Schefman, painted in 1994 entitled, “Medea.” Sorry, lots of reflections in the glass:

2WqZ9F9.jpg

I’m a huge fan of Salvador Dali. This is an original woodcut, signed in block, from the early 70s, entitled, “Prometheus”. Apologies for the shadows and weird angle. It was the only way I could get a shot without lots of weird reflections!

Y56jDho.jpg

John DeMartelly was part of Thomas Hart Benton’s circle of artists, known for his woodcuts and lithographs. This is an original, 1968 signed woodcut called “Ophelia.”

hsvtfXj.jpg

This is a museum replica of a 13th Century sculpture that was in a French church (if I recall correctly):

BL6n3s0.jpg

Finally, this is a poster of a 1938 BMW coupe made for a French museum exhibit of classic cars. I won it at a BMW event in the 80s. It’s just a poster, but it’s nice, and so I had it framed:

COQu3ET.jpg

Cool stuff, Les. I've said it before, and I'll say it again....your brother is an exceptional artist. Really dig the lamp!

Cool stuff, Les. I've said it before, and I'll say it again....your brother is an exceptional artist. Really dig the lamp!

Thanks, on behalf of my brother, Bodia! For anyone not familiar with his work, there’s a link below; his work has been featured in, and on the covers of, several international art magazines, and I’m really blown away by his talent. He’s known as a super-realist, though I always think those kinds of pigeonholes are too limiting to describe art.

http://www.robertschefman.com/

Click on the “New Work” link for some wonderful new oil paintings. My favorite is “I Keep My Secrets In Unlabeled Envelopes.” All the stuff there is already in the hands of art collectors, incidentally; I’m not trying to sell his work, just showin’ off his talent.

Last edited:
Ok, get out yer crayons and draw me a picture. It's Friday afternoon, and I am missing the reference. :oops:

It’s the picture of Rossi and Parfitt over your. I’ll shelf;):rolleyes: (loses comedy value)

Thanks, on behalf of my brother, Bodia! For anyone not familiar with his work, there’s a link below; his work has been featured in, and on the covers of, several international art magazines, and I’m really blown away by his talent. He’s known as a super-realist, though I always think those kinds of pigeonholes are too limiting to describe art.

http://www.robertschefman.com/

Click on the “New Work” link for some wonderful new oil paintings. My favorite is “I Keep My Secrets In Unlabeled Envelopes.” All the stuff there is already in the hands of art collectors, incidentally; I’m not trying to sell his work, just showin’ off his talent.

Your brother is very talented. Amazing work in oils!

My Dad is a pro artist by trade and has worked in oils -

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qJfDrH5G8KjfzNbW6

It’s the picture of Rossi and Parfitt over your. I’ll shelf;):rolleyes: (loses comedy value)

Your brother is very talented. Amazing work in oils!

My Dad is a pro artist by trade and has worked in oils -

https://photos.app.goo.gl/qJfDrH5G8KjfzNbW6

Your dad is quite the artist! The paintings are stunning.

I'm still off on the Status Quo joke tho.:oops: I listen to them, but don't have anything to do with them on the walls.

Damn...
I think I have to renegocie my guitar's place with my wife.
Won't be easy, I'm not allowed to buy a "real" amplifier : "too noisy my love, you always playing when I'm in the house too..." :(

180609072949471314.jpg
[/URL]

Matt3310 and 11top, do you know that the only guitars store in my town has less guitar than you ? :D
a>

Last edited:
Your dad is quite the artist! The paintings are stunning.

I'm still off on the Status Quo joke tho.:oops: I listen to them, but don't have anything to do with them on the walls.

He’s a clever chap, I’d love half his talent!

Just being cheeky about Geddy looking a little like Francis Rossi ;)

Wow! Beautiful! You must be proud of him!

Thanks Les.

I’m very proud of him, I have several of his pictures in my home. I’m very lucky to have a talented Dad!

"In case of emergency, BREAK GLASS!"

I don't know man could be deadly...If I had 11Tops collection I would hire snipers and 24/7 armed guards...with really scary dogs ...and an electric fence ....that or at least a couple of Ninjas....yeah, I wouldn't break it if I were you.

Ive said it before, if I'm EVER the voice of reason...you should be afraid...be VERY AFRAID! For real...

I don't know man could be deadly...If I had 11Tops collection I would hire snipers and 24/7 armed guards...with really scary dogs ...and an electric fence ....that or at least a couple of Ninjas....yeah, I wouldn't break it if I were you.

Ive said it before, if I'm EVER the voice of reason...you should be afraid...be VERY AFRAID! For real...
You always get the redhead to guard yours, I hear she can be scary ;)

You always get the redhead to guard yours, I hear she can be scary ;)

SCARY? dude..she's a beautiful person inside and out until..she isn't...when she turns the Manson Lamps on (her crazy eyes)...well, let's just say...King Kong ain't got sh!t on her...for real..the woman freaks me out sometimes man...okay all the time...

Last edited:
SCARY? dude..she's a beautiful person inside and out until..she isn't...when she turns the Manson Lamps on (her crazy eyes)...well, let's just say...King Kong ain't got sh!t on her...for real..the woman freaks me out sometimes...okay all the time...
Keep your head down bro! Nod and smile;)

That’s it, I’m moving to Indiana. All of my meetings need to be in that conference room. I like the wood bowl (calabash) on the table. Ziracote with sapwood?

I found that wood bowl in the interior of Belize. It was in a carver’s hut in the middle of the jungle. $40, and it is Ziracote.

Being inspired by Bodia’s posting of the art in his studio, and having a slow day, I took some pics of the stuff in mine. Here’s what’s here. Please forgive the many reflections on the glass, I’m just not a very good art photographer!

This is an original watercolor my brother, Robert Schefman, painted in 1994, entitled, “Medea.” Sorry, lots of reflections in the glass:

2WqZ9F9.jpg

I’m a huge fan of Salvador Dali. This is an original woodcut, signed in block, from the early 70s, entitled, “Prometheus”. Apologies for the shadows and weird angle. It was the only way I could get a shot without even weirder reflections!

John DeMartelly was part of Thomas Hart Benton’s circle of artists, known for his woodcuts and lithographs. This is an original, 1968 signed woodcut called “Ophelia.”

hsvtfXj.jpg

This is a museum replica of a 13th Century sculpture that was in a French church (if I recall correctly):

Finally, this is a poster of a 1938 BMW coupe made for a Musee de Paris exhibit of classic cars. I won it at a BMW event in the 80s (could have been in a club race, could have been a concours). It’s just a poster, but it’s nice, so I had it matted and framed:

Les, while this may seem obvious to most, I just want to reiterate that you are a better man than I am. There are lots of things I can do with a naked woman in the room. Playing guitar is not one of them. I don't know how you do it. My hat's off to you though.

Les, while this may seem obvious to most, I just want to reiterate that you are a better man than I am. There are lots of things I can do with a naked woman in the room. Playing guitar is not one of them. I don't know how you do it. My hat's off to you though.

Hahahaha!

I can keep it together as long as they’re only pictures. ;)

Back